It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore wins People's Choice Award for F9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
www.canada.com... ontonjournal/news/culture/story.html?id=6ecf329c-c664-4638-8776-a8bfd43d353e

PASADENA, Calif. (CP) - The season of award shows kicked off Sunday night with Michael Moore's controversial film Fahrenheit 9/11 winning the People's Choice Award for favourite movie. "We live in a great country and we all love our country very much and I am so amazed that you did this - the people of America;

Michael moore says he will be working on more films. Audio clip had some booing from the audience, not much

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well that film was certainly the most controversial one and made a bigger impact in the way people thought. I am so glad he won, I was afraid the very controversy that made the film so great would rob him of the award. BTW did you know they going to do a recount in Ohio, finally one Senator had the courage to stand up and be counted.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Yeah, he had his followers rig the voting which was held on the Internet...so much for you all believing in fair elections, huh?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
If anyone watched the awards show, about half the audience (which were mostly actors) gave him a standing ovation - more so than the awards for anyone else.

I think the actors thought the peoples awards were kind of a sham, but when it came to Moore, they really applauded him for his efforts. Why was that?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Im still amazed that this schmuck won anything. He is a political pig who ruts through the govermental garbage trough for sustinance. Truly an example of an Arse.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Mike Moore can go to hell or choke on a dic & die!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   

as posted by ben91069
I think the actors thought the peoples awards were kind of a sham, but when it came to Moore, they really applauded him for his efforts. Why was that?

Hmm, let me see here. Can I put this in a simple enough equation that all can understand? Maybe, maybe not. Let's go with the obvious, and proven, k?

Hollywood = anti-Bush
Moore = anti-Bush
Hollywood = Liberal
Moore = Liberal

Perhaps that's why?

seekerof

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Ignore the last two posts everyone. Actually, I am perplexed at why you two think Moore isn't deserving of a peoples choice award? He made a film using factual images and statements and added his two cents to them. Bush uses statements solely backed by hisself and any gov agency he deems agrees with his agenda. Which perspective do you think is more likely to be tainted with inacurate and elusive propoganda?

While Moore could be spreading misinformation, the government has no facts but what 'they say', and you follow it blindly.

I wish I were your neighbor. I could sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

as posted by ben91069
I wish I were your neighbor. I could sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.

Come now ben, we are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs, aren't we?
Btw, as for the above mention in quotes, perhaps the reverse would and could apply?

seekerof

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
If the people chose him, I'd accept it but it appears to have been done in an extremely unscientific way via the Internet. Remember the Internet poll conducted in 1998 by PEOPLE magazine concluded that "Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf" was the "Most Beautiful Person in the World."

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I thought shrek won?
Wasn't that him giving the acceptance speech?
Or was that a Donkey?

Congrats to Moore, he's a terrific actor..

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Come now ben, we are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs, aren't we?
Btw, as for the above mention in quotes, perhaps the reverse would and could apply?

seekerof

Seek, of course we all have different opinions, that is what makes the social mix so darn interesting. You know, if I really took all this so seriously, I would be forming ben's militia right now. In all lightheartedness, I really admire Moore for his counter to everything you've seen on mainstream media regarding the WTC events. In fact, Moore would probably be a very controversial ATS member if he posted here (who knows, maybe he does under an alias). I am not saying that he is entirely accurate, because I have no way of knowing. He does present some factual information in his film. He also adds his narrative and presents his perspective. It is his film, so he has license to do as he wants. I don't blame people for disliking him, but it is difficult to know the real truth based on Moore or the official government position. Both sides present half-truths, lies, and propoganda. These people on ATS should appreciate him like they would anyone else who tries to dig in for more truthful information. He is not perfect and neither is his information. Everyone here has posted some type of nonsense and Moore is no different. The guy did achieve something that we haven't, and that is influence a great number of people, including half of an audience of professional actors. This is still way less than the grips Bush has on the beliefs of people, so why should people be so worried?

Nevermind, I am rambling but, it just stands out that the audience on the awards showed more reverence towards Moore than fellow actors and gave him a standing ovation.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
why you two think Moore isn't deserving of a peoples choice award? He made a film using factual images and statements and added his two cents to them....

Moore .... using 'factual images and statements' ??

He's an idiot. He's a fat idiot and he got people to give him money
to listen to his idiocy. His 'movie' has been proven to be lies and
garbage and yet people still give him more credit then is his due
and they still throw money at his feet to make more garbage.

The ONLY reason Moore got the award is because the loons
at DU (DemocraticUnderground), and other places, stuffed the
internet ballot box and because Hollywood is so rabidly anti-Bush
that they wanted him to get it so they made sure that he did.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
MM is actually Dick Cheney in a halloween costume from a few years back. He and Rummy now take turns. The MM make up is Cheneys "unknown location". So for all you Libs out there, you're giving your money to GW.

[edit on 10-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by ben91069
why you two think Moore isn't deserving of a peoples choice award? He made a film using factual images and statements and added his two cents to them....

Moore .... using 'factual images and statements' ??

He's an idiot. He's a fat idiot and he got people to give him money
to listen to his idiocy. His 'movie' has been proven to be lies and
garbage and yet people still give him more credit then is his due
and they still throw money at his feet to make more garbage.

The ONLY reason Moore got the award is because the loons
at DU (DemocraticUnderground), and other places, stuffed the
internet ballot box and because Hollywood is so rabidly anti-Bush
that they wanted him to get it so they made sure that he did.

I have to agree with the 1st part here...
Want to see a real movie on 9/11 go look at any of the ones on the internet now..

9/11 Road to Tyranny
9/11 The Great Illusion
These movies are based on real fact.. not some half ass grabage someone decided to put on to make money...

You can get both movies above on any Bit Torrent site...
See unlike Moore's Movies these are Free Meaning they made these movies to allow people to see the truth behind what is going on... unlike maing billions of dollars off of bs...

There are other movies out right now about 9/11 maybe research before stating something is truth.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
MM is actually Dick Cheney in a halloween costume from a few years back. He and Rummy now take turns. The MM make up is Cheneys "unknown location". So for all you Libs out there, you're giving your money to GW.

[edit on 10-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

Now Doc, dont lump us all into one big catagory here
I cant stand the schmuck. Read my above post that so eloquently describes my dear feelings for this slob.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
is what you'd get if you 'moorephed' the 3 Stooges into one person - looks, intelligence, the woiks.

nyuk, nyuk, nyuk ...

[edit on 1/10/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

As if Cheney would need a costume to scare people, hehe....

top topics

join