It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court puts Obama carbon emissions plan on hold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Saw this article on my phone news feed
blink.htcsense.com...

A coalition of 27 US states is suing in a lower court to halt Obama's Clean Power Plan, and petitioned the Supreme Court to suspend its implementation until the case is resolved.

27 US states against climate change that's huge over half of the states are calling out the scam. If you have watched a few i guess they are called conferences on climate change many of the scientist say that yes carbon emitted form human activity affect things, but not to the point where it will be "climate chaos". i have even heard the term that our emissions affect on climate is statistically zero, meaning very small to the point where it affects are almost unnoticeable. carbon is plant food the more of it there is the more the plants suck it up and create oxygen. no carbon no oxygen and more is better. i have even read that the planet is even starved for carbon.

they changed the name from "global warming" to "global cooling" to "climate change" i think the best name is "carbon imperialism"

on a side note

Democratic White House hopeful Bernie Sanders voiced bitter disappointment, as voting wrapped up in the New Hampshire presidential primary. "The Supreme Court's decision is deeply disappointing. There's no time to spare in the fight to combat climate change," he tweeted.

any one that is for this scam should not be president and does not have US interest in mind. the Bern wants to tax us anyway he can.

this is my first thread i have have posted please be gentle if i did it wrong some how.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The way I take it , is that it is not a matter of belief or scam. It is a matter of destroying the economy . Most states realize that the bill as stated would drive up the cost to the energy consumer to an unprecedented rate (that means you and I) . A further 150% "tax" if would. Also , there are no viable, cost effective alternatives.That is why the Supreme Court put a hold on it and then passed it back down for a lower court to decide. Again , this is another case of the SC not wanting to get in the middle between matters of State and the President. Why not just rule on the case ? It IS a matter of interstate trade and should be handled by them as that is a Federal , Constitutional power.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The replacement infrastructure just isn't there. The coal industry has been wiped out and the coal plants that are not shutting down are undertaking massive cost to comply with new regulations which gets passed to the consumers. They shut down coal while building more nuclear plants how environmentally friendly is that?.

Coal and consequentially steel have been closing up shop vaporizing a lot of middle class jobs and the jobs of workers in support industries. The railroads have been suffering from this as well. More middle class low barrier to entry jobs gone.

new topics

join