It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Theory's popularity is due to a misapplication of logic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Really does it matter what others think

What's all the hate and fear about

Does it make them dangerous, are they hunting round earthers down

I would be surprised if 1% of confessed flat earthers are serious, just taking the piss out of precious people who are way to entwined in being right

This is all a bit silly isn't it

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
FE ers are very stubborn folk. they present " evidence " that makes no sense, or is simply explained by physics or math. for instance, the idea of water looking for flatness. they say there should be a hump 750 meters high in the middle of the pacific ocean due to the curve of the earth. Gravity holds water down, and the ocean is very deep. so yes it does flatten out so to speak due to its depths.
the main thing is gravity. FE ers cannot believe in gravity, because it tears down 90% of their bs. gravity is not a premise, or a theory... its a proven force. you can see it all around us, on this planet, and in space. look at the milky way. it didnt get its shape because its flat, or wind, its due to the gravitational pull of the black hole in its center, the reason its a spiral.
they discount proof like the coriolis effect... and inertia.
i guess these are all lies the goverment and nasa made back in the 1800s to make us think the earth is round
what difference does it make the shape of the earth anywhos

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Does anyone know Stefan Molyneux from FreeDomain Radio on youtube?
My first example how this flat-earth # was supposed to work. He uploaded a video today about 9/11 and in the first 4min he argues that "there are many people who think that ideas like flat-earth and controlled demolition on 9/11 are crazy or unorthodox". Well done flat-earthers ...

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatever08152

Stefan Molyneux ????????????????????????????

i am going to bed - before i do something that ATS will regret

Stefan Molyneux - shakes head

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Whatever08152

Stefan Molyneux ????????????????????????????

i am going to bed - before i do something that ATS will regret

Stefan Molyneux - shakes head

no pls explain your oppinion on him.

I am very curious as I dont know what to think of him.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I'm pretty sure it is due to confirmation bias and people not being open to evidence that contradicts their preconceived narrative and not so much to do with the type of logic that they used to come to that conclusion.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatever08152
Does anyone know Stefan Molyneux from FreeDomain Radio on youtube?
My first example how this flat-earth # was supposed to work. He uploaded a video today about 9/11 and in the first 4min he argues that "there are many people who think that ideas like flat-earth and controlled demolition on 9/11 are crazy or unorthodox". Well done flat-earthers ...

I can't tell what you think about him from the post
But when I think about him the movie Liar Liar comes to mind

To me all these hypothetical scenarios with no real answer are there to derail from important topics and to dilute the forum into "gossip mode" because the "risk" is smart people discussing critical "current" topics

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: Vector99
And of course they will say haaaaveee yoouuu walked from side to side yourself

I would return the troll by saying that I have.

They then say provide pictures .. right after saying they do not accept pictures as evidence.

<< 1   >>

join