It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
After watching the movie "White Noise" yesterday I got the idea for this post. I was very interested in watching the movie since I've studied, and researched the phenomena for a long time. For those of you not familiar with EVP I've compiled a list of sources and information below. I would like some serious disscusion on this subject, so everyone join in with your opinions or experiences with this phenomena.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Electronic voice phenomena
Electronic Voice Phenomena, or EVP, refers to the claimed occurrence of "spirit voices" that are said to manifest themselves on audio recordings.

Such "voices" are said to be known for being rapid, faint, and often spoken in grammatically unusual and simplifed language - or even multiple languages during the same sentence. The interpretation of such recordings is often highly subjective, and may differ from listener to listener; some listeners may hear nothing at all, while others report hearing specific phrases or sentences.

The alleged phenomenon was first noted by Friedrich Jurgenson, who, after playing back a recording of birdsong in the Swedish countryside, is said to have noticed the presence of a faint Norwegian voice talking about 'birds at night'. Jurgenson assumed this must have been a stray radio broadcast, only there was no radio receiver at the remote location where the recording had been made. Whatever the cause, it prompted Jurgenson to make further recordings in his home.

Voices that were not present during the recording allegedly continued to appear on playback. They were said to refer to him (and his dog) by their names and nicknames, predict an incoming telephone call (and name the caller, Jurgenson's wife), and respond to questions and comment on the people and conversation physically present and accountable for in the room.

More Links for Further Reading
American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena
World ITC
International Ghost Hunters Society
Some Recordings

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This is an interesting subject and I have actually done this and gotten good results a few years back...if your interested in this....there are several threads already here for you to read......

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
This is an interesting subject and I have actually done this and gotten good results a few years back...if your interested in this....there are several threads already here for you to read......

Yes Im interested of course. If you could compile a list of past threads that I could read it would be greatly appreciated. I haven't been on ATS much the past two months (been on vacation) so Im kinda out of touch.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm one of those that have a bit of a hard time with the search function here.....but hrere's one for you

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join