It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas county reports sexual transmission of Zika virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, that was fast; last week it was only over seas, now it is in Texas and apparently now a 'sexually transmitted' (insert pandemic, disease, infectious disease, or STD HERE) -

So, the article goes on to say

The patient, the county says, "was infected with the virus after having sexual contact with an ill individual who returned from a country where Zika virus is present."

I remember a few years back when there was the 'SARS" panic a few years ago and everyone was wearing surgical masks on the plane... With summer rapidly approaching, and as crisp as it will be this summer and with all of the rain/percip.... winder how much more we will see of this 'Zika" virus/std...????

[ Previously, there have been only two documented cases linking Zika to sex. During the 2013 Zika outbreak in French Polynesia, semen and urine samples from a 44-year-old Tahitian man tested positive for Zika even when blood samples did not. Five years before that, in 2008, a Colorado microbiologist named Brian Foy contracted Zika after travel to Senegal; his wife came down with the disease a few days later even though she had not left northern Colorado and was not exposed to any mosquitoes carrying the virus.

L I N K

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

That's scary. I heard experts on NPR saying that most people show no symptoms of the disease, but children (and the elderly or those with compromised immune systems) are more vulnerable to the symptoms and dangers.

I feel like the microcephaly birth defects are related to the Zika virus, but I've seen multiple instances of people assuming the Zika virus directly causes microcephaly (just wanted to throw that out)
edit on 2-2-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yes, I read that the birth defects in pregnant woman are very high, if they have the virus; SCARY!!!!!!

On another note, nice new colorful Tar Fam!!!!
I like it allllot

thanks for posting!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

If the virus is transmitted sexually this may actually be a big problem but I don't know the science to know if its even possible

join