It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote to impeach Bush for lying about WMDs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Article:

www.officialspin.com...

OfficialPoll: George W. Bush should be impeached
Lying about the reason for a war is an impeachable offence

Washington, D.C. -- (OfficialSpin.com) -- 11/06/03 -- Just a few days after first publishing its Poll, with the question: "Should Bush be impeached?", OfficialPoll reports that a staggering 94.7% of those polled, say "Yes", the president of the United States of America should be impeached for what appear to be untrue statements to the U.S. Congress and the American people.

It is a violation of federal criminal law, including the broad federal anti-conspiracy statute, which renders it a felony "to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose." Manipulation or deliberate misuse of national security intelligence data, if proven, could be "a high crime" under the Constitution's impeachment clause.

For the record, Bush's statements, in chronological order, were:

"Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons." -- United Nations address, September 12, 2002

"Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons, and is rebuilding the facilities used to make more of those weapons."

"We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have." -- Radio address, October 5, 2002

"The Iraqi regime . . . possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons."

"We know that the regime has produced thousands of tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, sarin nerve gas, VX nerve gas."

"We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We're concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVS for missions targeting the United States."

"The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program. Saddam Hussein has held numerous meetings with Iraqi nuclear scientists, a group he calls his "nuclear mujahideen" -- his nuclear holy warriors. Satellite photographs reveal that Iraq is rebuilding facilities at sites that have been part of its nuclear program in the past. Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminium tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons." -- Cincinnati, Ohio speech, October 7, 2002

"Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent." -- State of the Union Address, January 28, 2003

"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised." -- Address to the nation, March 17, 2003

Bush's let-me-mince-no-words delivery was convincing to many Americans. However, the rest of the world, and many other Americans, doubted them.

Now, we know the truth and Americans must take the appropriate action.

POLL: www.officialpoll.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
if our Congress can waste our money and time investigating
the last presidents love life
i insist they investigate this one for the death of our citizens
in his personal war

'all is fair in love and war'

therefore it would only be fair to impeach him, as i see it

tut tut

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Now, we know the truth and Americans must take the appropriate action.

Actually, no we don't. We will know the truth when the investigation is done. I mean finished as in 100%. If we convicted people in courts of law after 33% investigations then maybe this would be fine but whats the rush? Oh thats right, election time is coming up.

If after all is said and done we find that Bush made up all information concerning these allegations then I would support such action but not until then. After all these people had no problem with clinton blowing up an asprin factory now did they?

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Its what I have been saying all along. Impeach the lot of them!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I care the Vote of Elfland with me.

Bye Bye Dubya!

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Come on its stupid to impeach him for this. Saddam has had 12 years to sell/hide those weapons. We have not even searched the entire country yet. Jeez, wars over for a few weeks, and your already asking where the WMDs are.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
We should have known where they were before the war.

What if, as some have said, Saddam destroyed the weapons years before?

XAOS

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Come on its stupid to impeach him for this. Saddam has had 12 years to sell/hide those weapons. We have not even searched the entire country yet. Jeez, wars over for a few weeks, and your already asking where the WMDs are.

The issue is that given his family's track record, it is better to get rid of him now, before he gets worse. His great-grandfather Prescott Bush funded Hitler, after all.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster

Saddam dosnt set the morals in this country. He shouldnt be used as a president to impeach. George Bushes treasonious acts should only be considered.

So what, two wrongs dont make it right. Our problem isnt George, its the scum in the Congress and senate that let him get away with it. Impeach them all!

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Trouble is, if you feel strongly on the issue of how many lies were told by Bush, Rumsfeld, Powell, Cheney and their cronies to lead the US into an illegal war

AND

you think that going to a biased website to cast your 'vote to impeach Bush' is going to make any difference,

then that is a bit delusional.

I can't do much from outside the USA but point out the truth to people who are listening.

JediMaster, when you have learned and understood that there have been continuous, exhaustive searches carried out for over 300 days now without a trace, and when you have read, listened to and understood precisely what your politicians said in order to hook other countries into the war effort, then you might be more qualified to speak on this.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm really opposed to the notion that WMDs didn't exist in Iraq. I feel that this theory is being used purely as a political weapon and now seems to be accepted as truth when actually all the intelligence information we have points the other way. Even through the Clinton administration, we knew what was happening and what Saddam was going after. How can we say he didn't have the weapons when we have evidence documented by UN inspectors as well as conclusive proof of use of WMDs. As posted in other threads, we had several leads of possible routes the weapons were taken out of Iraq or hidden. Now, I could give a damn less about Bush personally but to advocate an avenue of trust in a person like Hussein to simply make a political statement is , to me, very dangerous ideology. Are we forgetting that former president Clinton came forward with the same evidence and arguments in his term and wasn't questioned, why? Because regardless of how good or bad one thinks he was, we still very certainly put trust in him over Saddam Hussien. Now I know I'm gonna hear, "well I don't love Hussein and it has nothing to do with this war " but let me tell you all something. Your grey areas are going away. Time to pick a team; genocide of all that aren't Islamic or preservation of liberties. I know it isn't a PC idea but one day we will all have to face it. One day we will all be face to face with this thing we have tried so hard to deny. That to others, we don't have the right to exist. We can shake our heads and say "no no no!!!" until we're blue in the face but the clock is ticking, the weapons are out there and they're meant for most of us. Impeach or don't, I could care less but to put forth the idea that these terrible weapons aren't a threat anymore because they weren't in the lobby of one of Saddam's palaces is irresponsible and careless.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nay sooth sayer!

the war has only just begun, it will certainly spread rapidly.
bush or no bush

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
the war has only just begun...let us hope that we stop fighting amongst ourselves in time to form together to stop the army with the most WMD.

There is no enemy anywhere.

new topics

top topics

join