It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airstrikes in Eastern Afghanistan Destroy IS Radio Station

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well, well, well.... looks like we are still making progress on these delta bravos~! Makes me wonder how many more radio and or TV stations that ISis operates illegally?

It's good to know that we are stIill working towards putting the cigarette out. I just read that Kerry is asking for more $$$$ to fight against the ISIS state.

I am all for bombing away.

"Voice of the Caliphate" radio operated by Islamic State near the border with Pakistan was destroyed in U.S. two airstrikes, according to a U.S. military official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to media on the subject.

In an official statement, U.S. Army Col. Mike Lawhorn, spokesman for the U.S.-NATO mission in Afghanistan, said: "U.S. forces conducted two counter-terrorism airstrikes in Achin district" in Nangarhar province late Monday. He had no further details.

The Islamic State group has emerged in Afghanistan in the past year, with a military presence in districts near the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.

The radio station was broadcasting illegally across Nangarhar, spreading the group's extremist message, issuing threats to journalists in the provincial capital Jalalabad and attempting to recruit young men to its cause.

L I N K

join