It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grease Live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Having always been involved in more tech theater aspects (while my wife is more of the spotlight craver), we certainly had to watch this.
I was pleasantly surprised. They really nailed it, a fusion of the movie with the stage adaptation. The cast was great, and they really all pulled it off. And of course, Julianne Hough as Sandy was adorable and hot at the same time. Exactly what Sandy was about. Carly Rae Jepson as Frenchy was almost surreal. And Vanessa totally nailed Rizzo (Which is even more impressive considering her dad died a couple hours before she hit the stage!). Show must truly go on.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Caught only one mistake. Mario Lopez said "American" instead of "National" Bandstand. You could tell he twitched a little when he realized it...like "oh crap!"

Overall, we thought it was great.
edit on 1-2-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
LOL guilty pleasure, Carly Rae Jepson shes a cutie

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Definitely the best one of these so far....though seeing Christopher Walken as Capt. Hook on Peter Pan was pretty damn funny (and he'd constantly flub it, but hey, he's frickin Walken so....). (though it was weird that Peter Pan was played by a cute chick with fishnets, so that was confusing).... Peter Pan was kind of a train wreck, but that's what made it fun.

They all remind me of the movie Scrooged, where the TV exec was trying to pull off this star-studded Live special, and had some really out there ideas. So fun to see networks actually taking this idea and running with it!

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
And Vanessa totally nailed Rizzo (Which is even more impressive considering her dad died a couple hours before she hit the stage!). Show must truly go on.

...did not know that about Hudgen's father. Wow.
That - to me anyway - makes her rendition of Rizzo...and particularly the song 'There are worse things...' sooooo much more impressive.

She really blew that song clean outa the water, onto land, and all the way up the hillside...
Fantastic!

top topics

join