It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Equal rights for bigots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I had a terrible nightmare last night.

I dreamt it was the year 2025, the world was a hive of technological activity with mobile phone displays being fitted directly into the retina...amazing. I played Temple Run 24 for a little while then got a bit bored.

I brought up ATS and scanned the home page for interesting threads...usual stuff, Justin Bieber running for president, sort of stuff you'd expect. Lot of serious left-wing type stuff about the erradication of bigots and how far advanced we have become since they were targetted and almost completely expunged from civilised society.

Seems there was a purge at some point in the near past, the bigots got what they deserved but some escaped the bigot camps and were free to terrorise the various communities with their bigoted rhetoric. These bigots, racists, islamaphobes, homophobes...you name it, were being hunted down by the black panthers, isis and the LBGT community to be put on trial for their crimes.

While on the loose these animals were the whole time running around destroying peoples lives by stating their opinons, the various communities and cliques who feel the need to categorize and group themselves were terrified, the potential risks of them being attacked verbally...thus their entire lives being ruined was ever-present.

The fear of being meted out a tongue-lashing from a misled, pejudiced idiot took precedent over all else and was the most important political issue of the day...there was still terrorism and loads of other horrible things that resulted in catastrophe. But feelings were also being hurt...it was bloody awful!

I then woke up and had a snack.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Equal rights for bigfoots is only just and necessary in these times we live in.

Did you felt bad and needed the snack? You may had hypoglycemia during your sleep, crazy nightmares is a symptom of that.

See I should be sleeping at 4 am, why did I inserted Bigfoot in all of this

edit on 26-1-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

This one was tame compared to some others.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I saw what you did there, slick....

Yeah, the term 'bigot' is soon going to become a helluva lot more encompassing.

"Bigot( revised): any person expressing any opinion, thought or idea contrary to the accepted narrative of the opinion police/ hive-mind."

Bad nightmare. Eat before bed.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

I snack before, during and after sleep.

And floss.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I dreamed the Tea Party took over the U.S. Government and cleaned the national debt away.

And, unemployment was down to 2%.

And, the average wage for worker class was $22.00/hour.

And, everybody had an insurance policy through private insurance company contracted Medicare!!!!

Gas was $1.00/gallon.

Electricity was so cheap too, because Koch industries found a way to capture all CO2 emissions from coal for recycling !!!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I just sort of wonder smetimes...at what point does standing up to bigotry become oppression against a minority simply because of their beliefs?

Sometimes I see arguments break out, even here on ATS, and I feel it's more about hypersensitivity on one persons part more than it's some deep prejudice on anothers. Tolerance is a 2-way thing, I can live with that since you can live with this.

We all have this mindset that it's right that you should speak your mind, stand up for your beliefs...until it's something we disagree with, then the gloves are off and it's seconds out.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie

Sometimes I see arguments break out, even here on ATS, and I feel it's more about hypersensitivity on one persons part more than it's some deep prejudice on anothers. Tolerance is a 2-way thing

Tolerance usually happens when both sides run out of rebuttals after one suffers a total loss of ideals.

I see THAT all the time.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Here's the thing with bigotry. Are you talking about bigots in general or bigots who encode that bigotry into law? Or somewhere in between?

Because I don't care what people say to themselves & to their friends. But once that bigotry starts directly affecting others, I have a problem with it. And when bigots start making bigoted laws, rules & company policies that direct harm others, I have an even bigger problem with that.

Not being able to publicly shame someone isn't going to hurt someone. But making laws that diminish or harm a demographic is flat out wrong. And don't forget, even countries with "Freedom of speech" still have laws against threats, libel, and slander. So they clearly accept limits on "free speech".

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie
Equal rights for bigots

Equal rights for the leprosy bug?
'Hate' is not something to be tolerated, it is a disease to be eradicated!

edit on 27-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

I have not had a nightmare in years, or any dreams that I remember for a while either.

When I am awake however... Sometimes I see news of an event, or see something in the streets or hear something while at work or on the bus, and in my minds eye, in hideous technicolor, I see the end of civilisation. Jackboots pounding smashed Tarmac, automatic fire riddling the bodies of thin, starved people, huddling together in fear at the last, weeping mothers, cradling their dead children, beaten with rifle butts to silence their sobs, skies on fire, embers drifting on breezes driven by constant thermobaric detonations, and flags torn asunder, flapping loosely in the wind, which carries the screams of the dying to ones ear in a mournful dirge from the gut of hell.

Those who are not murdered are enslaved, those who are not either dead or indentured are forced from bolt hole to ditch, from ditch to bunker, from bunker to cave, from cave to sewer, hitting and running not for tactical advantage, but just to survive, before they eventually die at the hands of the perpetrating force, which permeates every nation. No stretch of land has avoided the flames, and no one is safe. The soulless laughter of fascists can be heard around every campfire, every barrack room, enjoying their dominion over the wastelands they have created, congratulating themselves on securing all the globe for their exclusive use. They all look the same, from the hair cuts to their outfits. Individual traits are illegal.

The only law, is that all who have little must die, and those who have much must kill them to solidify their position, remove the competition.

Only those who allow it to continue without argument live, all who question die, and no justice or love exists free in the world. Only emotional displays which involve sneering result in anything other than a bullet to the brain pan. Greed possesses the hearts of all who possess power. There are no good people profiting from anything. All is chaos, and all that was good has died.

This is what I see when I hear things on the bus, see things in the street. Certain behaviours, like those who spout fascist crap about immigrants, then spit on the street of our nation, those who joined the Facebook page for supremacist groups, and littered our hallowed land with their lager bottles and discarded condoms, rutting in a bush after a night at the club, and thinking themselves lords of this land. These things... In these things I see the burning end of mankind, every laudable element swept aside by violence and hatred, every noble thing gutted and its body looted for all its material wealth. I could weep, were my eyes not so dry.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Got to stop eating ham before you go to sleep.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
What rights don't bigots have? Enlighten me

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

The right to be who they are without persecution, I suppose.

You can't demand others' accept you for what you are if you're incapable of accepting them, even if you find their views repugnant.

Just to clarify, though, I never claimed they didn't have these rights, but there's certainly a concerted effort to take them away.
edit on 27-1-2016 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join