It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Are we really that different from eachother? Do we see things in a completely different light??

Perhaps some of you guy's can tell me if these following statments are true..... Do you really think like this???

Crying is blackmail. Use it if you must, but don't expect us to like it

Anything you wear is fine. Really

Ask for what you want. Subtle hints don't work

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
no, they dont. Guys really dont know much what they want either.

Ask for what you want. Subtle hints don't work

Untrue. Guys do the same thing, in my experience.

Anything you wear is fine. Really

Again, untrue. Ive seen guys tear a girl apart because how she was dressed. Guys care more about how a woman looks, so how she is dressed factors in.

And i know several guys who actually enjoy seeing women cry.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 05:26 AM
link   
That's dreadful!!!

Why is it that some man find it really hard to show their emmotions? Others show it all the time but some find it impossible.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   
We like food, sex, and sleep, and not necessarily in that order....

Most of us aren't big fans of subtle hints, and would prefer a more straight up discussion.

Women are the ones who expect us to be mind-readers. Seriously, level with us, and most of the time, we won't hesitate to work a problem out.

Luckily for me, I've figured out how my fiance' works in this regard. She'll have a period of pouting, storming off, etc. but after she calms down, she's ready to talk, and then the problem gets solved in a matter of minutes. Luckily also, this doesn't happen all too often. We've been friends for ten years before hooking up, so we're pretty set.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I read the book a few years back.It was actually quite interesting.I recognised a lot of truths in it.
I think the writer is a fraud though.Didn't he fake some pictures of himself supposedly levitating while meditating.
Still the book surprisingly had some worth.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It's always handy & interesting to have a guy friend. They'll tell you everything straight up, no holds barred. Of course, I return the favour.

It's really quite liberating.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Crying is blackmail. If I spuspect it is being used as such and is not denuine, I'll wax the emotional floor with your feelings.

To say that anything you wear is fine is partially true for me. I don't care if it is a dress, slacks and a blouse or jeans and a T-shirt, and I don't care if anything is name brand or no-name, it should be clean, pressed, proper fitting and right for the occasion. But don't even think you're going to leave the house in sweat pants and flip-flops!

My wife says I'm dense and that what I consider subtle hints would be crude and over the top to another woman.

There, you have me in a nutshell. I have no idea if I represent the majority or the minority of guys. We don't talk about that stuff.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Depends. If we're just going to the grocery store, I could care less, but I want her to look her best when we're out on the town...just as she'd want me to. Of course, there are a few outfits that are cleverly hidden now in storage...
They're hideous...
However, I'm not going to sit still while she goes through 10 outfits either. Don't you women know which outfits you own, that make you look good? Why do you try on so many before making a final choice?

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i believe men are easier to understand and they definately make better friends. i have more fun on the court with my male friends than i ever have shoppin wit my sis; sis-in-laws; and mother. they force me to be a girl.
men are easier to talk to cause you don't have to be all emotional and you can joke on each other without feelings, petty competetion, and resentments. i think that's the biggie between men and women... the way we express ourselves and our feelings.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
To tell you the truth I have more fun hanging out with girls than with guys, but thats just me. I get along better with women. I think that's because of my mother and the way I was raised. My mom is my best friend and I love her to death.

As for the dress thing. It depends on where we are going I guess. If we are going to a nice place then I would want her to look gorgeous. But if we're going to like the supermarket or the mall or someplace like that I really dont care..... as long as she doesn't leave the house naked!!

As for the crying well I gotta admit.... Im a sucker for a woman crying. I cant stand to see a girl cry.

[Edited on 13-6-2003 by Ocelot]

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I personally get put off by women in the "damsel in distress" role. Once I would gallantly enter into rescue missions for tearful maidens. Once.

I don't like silicone tits much either.

Give me a capable, intelligent, self-aware, all natural woman any day over stereotypes old and new.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Give me a capable, intelligent, self-aware, all natural woman any day over stereotypes old and new.

new topics

top topics

join