It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential Winter Storm for East Coast later this week.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

TY, most of the liquid precipitation stalled over us and headed east. Left a thin sheet of black ice everywhere but took all the moisture towards the east. I am in Mid Missouri.

Stay safe and warm East coast, it's headed your way and going to pack a whollop.
edit on am131amWed, 20 Jan 2016 06:47:44 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

Glad you didn't get too much of it!

We woke up to a thin layer of sleet/ice...very few flurries but, according to the radar, some snow could be coming.

People laugh because all of the schools are closed...I get it! I spent quite a bit of my youth up north...we went to school almost no matter what!
Tennessee (most of) isn't equipped to handle the road conditions...lack of funding, equipment, personnel, etc.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

That and there is no respect for the sheeple via the emergency management teams. They see us all as the least of our civilian populations.

It is true many people tend to ignore the watches and warnings and head straight out onto the roadways at the peak of slickness only to discover that what appeared to be a clear road is covered in sheets of invisible ice/blackice.

Many moving into the more rural areas from locations in cities where the ice is treated while they slumber warm and cozy in their city utility heated homes are the main problem.

Oh I could go on. think I will go put another log in the woodstove and get a sip of steaming hot coffee that sits in the percolator on the wood stove. hehe, you know what I mean?

Anyway good to see a reply from you this morning, hope you are staying warm and cozy as we wait for the next band to come through this evening with a bit of the white stuff.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join