It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2000 AD publisher launches petition for 'Dredd' TV series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
www.wired.co.uk...

In the kind of almost slavish devotion rarely seen for properties not called Firefly, fans have never given up hope of a sequel to 2012's cinematic comic adaptation Dredd. Now though, the character's publisher Rebellion is making an official drive to show producers there's a market for more.

Rebellion has launched Bring Back Dredd, a campaign which currently has more than 136,000 signees. Shepherded by "superfans" Frank Palmer and Brian Ritchie, it's shifting focus away from a theatrical sequel slightly, and is now targeting producers of the likes of Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO to bring it back as a TV series.

Who here has seen Dredd and I'm not talking about that crap film Stallone made? I'm talking about Dredd from 2012. If you have, and you liked it, then this is good news for you! The movie didn't do too hot in the box office but has since received the attention it originally deserved and fans have been begging and writing up petitions for a sequel to made. Even Dredd himself, Karl Urban, has been actively looking to continue his role.

I'd love to see this character go to TV and I want it to be brought to us by Netflix! But, I'd settle for a movie too!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
I love Dredd. The comics was the inspiration for one of my favorite songs by Anthrax. As for a show based on him? Why not? I'd watch it.

edit on 15-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I must admit...I have enjoyed watching the movie when it was on a few times...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

It's one of the few movies for me that I can watch over again at anytime. I would love for this to be a series on Netflix, especially with Karl Urban as Dreddd! I'd love to see Olivia Thirlby come back and play Anderson too!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I know I'm really late here but I just joined. I LOVED the new Dredd. I want to see more of that world especially with Urban under the helmet. He played the character to a T.

new topics

top topics

join