It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangeness Near Sun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Its back, an object captured on a SOHO image on January 29, 2004 has returned January 06, 2005.

Strange, but cool. They say its space junk?

Since the object appears in January, it could be on a bi-annual orbit.
Twice around the sun to our annual trip.

The object in the photos is closer to the sun than the earth, I Think NASA should check their June or July SOHO photos and see if it appears then.

www.unknowncountry.com...
Strangeness Near Sun?
06-Jan-2005
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Unusual Object in Satellite Sun Image.
29-Jan-2004
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Is it only me or does it seem to be connected(?) or pulling some light(?) from the surface of the sun. I see lines extending from it. It is a very intruiging picture.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It mentions that in the article. There's something about it that just looks...artificial, as though it was put there intentionally. Does anyone have a link to NASA's response? I'd like to see what they think it is and be sure they did, in fact, respond as the article says they did.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Interesting -- my first thought was that the first picture looked like it was releasing an object that went to the sun and that perhaps the second was doing some kind of test to see if there was a change in the sun over the course of a year. Totally unscientific reasoning -- just impressions I got from the picture.

jm

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Looks like a data flaw to me. Note that in the both images that you posted, the "object" is white, while the light from the sun is limited to specific spectra for that image.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
You know, this seems like it might somehow be related to Nemesis.

www.space.com...

For those unfamiliar with Nemesis...er...read the article I just pointe you to. Or otherwise, in brief, it's a theoretical "companion star" linked to our own Sun.

[edit on 1/7/2005 by thelibra]

E_T

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Unusual Object in Satellite Sun Image.
29-Jan-2004
Those white dots, some of them even "on" sun are hits from cosmic radiation of high energy particles.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
may be is truth what some people say, that our sun is artificial......and the aliens keep sending stuff into the sun to keep him alive.....
deny ignorance

top topics

join