It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microphone Stand Impales Pregnant Michigan Mom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
GREEN OAK TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- Doctors are preparing for an emergency Caesarean section for a 34-year-old pregnant woman who was impaled by a microphone stand in Green Oak Township, Mich.

Jessie Wickham was listed in critical condition at the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor, Mich., according to reports by WDIV-TV in Detroit.

The accident happened at a home located in the area of Grand River and Academy around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, according to fire officials.

Wickham was getting her children ready for school when she became dizzy and fell, crashing through a banister, Police Chief Robert Brookins said. Wickham, who was reportedly set to give birth in about two weeks, was impaled in the chest by the stand.

She fell onto the 3-foot microphone stand, which was amid musical instruments set up on the first floor, officials said.

www.turnto10.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Holy crap.. I feel terrible for her, hopefully she can pull through..

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Jesus!! I hope she and the bay come out of this ok.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If it did not hit the heart nor any of the major arteries and veins, she & the baby should be okay if she is taken care of properly. 100 years ago she'd be long dead.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Wow! Truly strange. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
to the Insurance Company....

Hope they come thru okay....

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm wondering WHO's microphone stand it is, and if the band will get it back when this is all done.

neo

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Bloody hell poor kid not even born yet

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I read this article in the Detroit Free Press this morning: www.freep.com...

the mom is still in critical condition, but the baby was uninjured. hopefully they both will come out of it just fine.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Good news, thanks! Oh, this is too short, let me type some more stuff. This should be sufficient.

new topics

top topics

join