It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French arrest woman who 'tried to use FAKE pregnancy belly to carry out suicide attack'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Informational material is something you get for a cruise to Jamaica or a life insurance policy. Informational material from ISIS has a more specific term applied to it. It's propaganda.

I would guess, though we don't know, that the police obtained information prior to this arrest. The article says she was arrested after her neighbor reported her, it doesn't say she was arrested on that alone. We don't know what else they discovered prior to the arrest that isn't being reported. They could be withholding information as they follow leads to other individuals, like recruiters. Pretty common practice.

As I said, if the information in the article is all the evidence they should not be charged. If they raided her home based just on the neighbor calling in I disagree with it and it is deny her rights. Right now those are only "if" because we don't know.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

I was just being sarcastic

I have some saying I am a Islamaphobe and that we are just spreading lies about Muslims. But each day we see more and more evidence that Islam, Muslims and Sharia are a real threat to freedom.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The headline is misleading because it implies she was caught while actually wearing it, not that it was found.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Yeah they have nothing to hold these people on and need to release them. Having material isn't a crime but then again I guess they can arrest her for shop lifting is that a fine or something in france?

That might be true where you live - I'm guessing in the US - but you have to remember that US law only applies in the USA (sort of, technicalities aside). Other countries have different legal systems, with different rights, that make different things illegal.

For instance, in some EU countries it is illegal to collect, possess, or make a record of information that might be useful to a person committing or preparing to commit an act of terrorism. If little Abdullah decides to be a suicide bomber, buying him a chemistry book for Christmas could potentially be a crime if you live in the wrong country.

It would be interesting if members with knowledge of the French legal system could comment.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

originally posted by: rexsblues

really ralda? She said she wanted to die as a martyr and they found materials relating to isis. What practical use would a tinfoil lined pregnancy belly have?
shoplifting, exactly what she said.

Yeah except even an idiot planning to shoplift should be able to recognize that cameras and their operators would pick up items being grabbed and disappearing. So shoplifting is pretty weaksauce.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Muslim are forbidden to steal. Er oh wait that is only from other Muslims. It is ok to steal from the infidel and unbeliever.

That is the lie they planned if they were caught before hand and they were.
edit on 24-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: glen200376

originally posted by: rexsblues

really ralda? She said she wanted to die as a martyr and they found materials relating to isis. What practical use would a tinfoil lined pregnancy belly have?
shoplifting, exactly what she said.

Yeah except even an idiot planning to shoplift should be able to recognize that cameras and their operators would pick up items being grabbed and disappearing. So shoplifting is pretty weaksauce.

If those people weren't idiots, they wouldn't be shoplifting in the first place.

Also, I'd suggest that lots of places (especially smaller shops) might have cameras but don't have dedicated operators watching them.

Edited to add: not that I'm saying that I necessarily believe their "shoplifting" explanation. Perhaps it's true, perhaps it's not. You could probably pack an awful lot of explosives into a fake pregnancy belly without arousing the same kind of suspicion as wearing a "bulky coat" to hide a suicide vest. In fact, people would probably go out of their way to make life easier for you!
edit on Ev29ThursdayThursdayAmerica/ChicagoThu, 24 Dec 2015 11:29:17 -06007702015b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I agree with the last statement.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I agree with your last statement too. A fake pregnancy belly would be a great cover.

Wearing a fake belly to shoplift is pretty extreme, similar to using babies in strollers to hide shoplifted items. Imo anyone that uses children or pregnancy to shoplift is pretty low down/ruthless.

Sad for her but she's lost all credibility. Really doesn't matter what claims she makes, she's an admitted criminal and her word means squat, thieves lie.

Yet another reason why crime doesn't pay. Hard lesson, she better get a good lawyer.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join