It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, It Is Legal To Shoot Someone In The Back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Greetings ATS'ers

Today I stumbled across a Youtube channel that impressed me
greatly and I knew immediately that I should share it with
the membership here at ATS.

This channel is by an ex-LEO from Texas and it has some of the best,
most concise straight from the horse's mouth information about
what to expect from, and how to handle, police encounters that I have
ever seen. It doesn't hurt that I reside in Texas and this information
comes from an ex-Texas Leo, so it is even more relevant for me.

He has many videos, and all them are excellent.

I chose to title this thread after one of his more provocatively titled
videos in order to generate maximum interest...so sue me.

I'll include THAT video to get you started. I'd like to say I'm not
affiliated with this guy in any way...just very impressed with his
content. I encourage you to peruse all his videos if you are interested
in this type of stuff.

(to the Mods--if there is a better forum, feel free to move this thread--
I did the best I could do)

So...how is it legal to shoot someone in the back??

edit on 21-12-2015 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am sorry - I cannot take this man seriously; for starters, he has to look down and fiddle every time he re-holsters. Secondly, his scenarios (the ones I could stomach the first minute or so) are not really that realistic.

The bottom line, before you get in any 'situation' requiring life or death situation, you had better make darn sure that you have adequate training and you practice, practice, practice. Oh, and there is this ting called "civil liability" - look into it; it will not be on the back in fine print on your CC license...

The reality is that it will take place so quickly that you will not even have time to think; it will be instinct.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rival

Dude is definitely a character. I'll check out his other videos--uncertain if I like his style, but at least he touched a tiny bit on when it's not okay. I think that he should have given a few more scenarios like that.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I would not take everything this guy says to heart... just sayin.
Best to look up and/or ask a LEO in your area for the low down....
Read the law to find out..

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
i dont allways shoot people in the back - but when i do i dont base my legal defence on what some walt in a youtube vid said

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
FYI

Just wanted you to know, that by posting this here, if you do shoot someone,
it could easily be construed to premeditated.
edit on 21-12-2015 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
I am sorry - I cannot take this man seriously; for starters, he has to look down and fiddle every time he re-holsters.

I agree with you in principle but this comment is a bit unfair.

Holstering is a common point for NDs. Many people recommend/teach physically looking down at your holster and using both hands, especially if you use a holster with a soft lip that can potentially catch against the trigger.

I've survived this long without an ND, I hope to survive a lot longer. Admittedly I don't get to shoot from holsters much these days, which is another way to cut down on the risk!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The legal line I was taught when it comes to shooting people - only in an immediate life threatening situation in defense of yourself or someone else.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i dont allways shoot people in the back - but when i do i dont base my legal defence on what some walt in a youtube vid said

This.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I totally understand your standpoint Evill!!! Thanks for that

For those of you who are not familiar with nomenclature, weaponry and or LE. ND = Negligent Discharge - ND’s occur during “administrative” gun handling. negligent discharge can also be mistaken for accidental discharge-

An instructor once said there are (2) types of shooters, those who have had an ND, and those who will. ( I disagree, but that is just me )

NDs occur when a weapon is fired due to operator error &/or a lack of attention to basic safety rules.

Having drawn my weapon thousands of times in my career, I have never (fortunately) had finger recognition whilst re-holstering, nor have had any foreign objects ever entered the trigger guard.

In the field most of the time taking your eyes off of the target for a millisecond could be catastrophic. Our holsters were level 3 non-ND .. I guess every person and every Dept. is trained differently

new topics

top topics

join