It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If My Home Was Run Like the US Government...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If my home was run like the US government, my spouse and I would argue bitterly all the time about how our children should be raised. One or both of us would regularly sabotage our household then point to that as evidence of why the other is an ineffectual parent.
edit on 17-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

YES! You nailed that one.

If my home was run like the US government...no one would ever get punished for doing wrong. All that would be said is "we will learn from this".

If my home was run like the US government...I would welcome a government shutdown! I need a freaking break!!!

If my home was run like the US government...I would realize that the only way to fix it is to tear it down to the ground and rebuild. And if I can't rebuild, I would consider scrapping it and moving on to another home.

Kiss a little butt time. If my home was run like the US government...I would be fired and locked up instead of simply being on an anti-government watch list for voicing my opinions about the government here on ATS.

Oh...and one more verrrrry important. If my home was run like the US government...I would be able to say MERRY CHRISTMAS!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

If my house were run like the government, I'd crap in everyone's bed and where they eat and expect someone else besides me to clean it up. I'd also eat $500,000 steak meals while my kids had half a chicken patty and a baby carrot.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
If my home was run like the US government, I would believe I could fix it with a phone and a pen.

If my home was run like the US government, my dogs and cat would be scared into a submissive state and never protest my handouts.

If my home was run like the US government, it would take thousands of me to still fail.

If my home was run like the US government, I would soon have no home.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
If my home were run like the U.S. government, the person spending the money would have no control over how much money could be raised, and the person raising the money would have no control over how much money was being spent.
Every couple of years, they would fail to agree on the household budget, the money-raiser would go on strike, and they would both starve in the dark while all the bills were going unpaid.
All this was laid down in a written agreement which they both worship, so it can't be changed.

If my home were run like the British government, the person raising the money would also be the person making the spending decisions. If the power to raise money got transferred to somebody else, the spending decisions would get transferred at the same time, so there would be no conflict.
The American approach would have been tried briefly a couple of centuries ago; not having a written agreement enforcing it, they would have had the luxury of deciding that it didn't work and giving it up.
edit on 19-12-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Would take out extra insurance, rig it with explosives, fill it with as many people can fit, then send out a text to members of my church to get out before it blows, fly a holograph into it,, blame my rival 'tribe'.. And repeat this sham right after rebuilding, again and again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join