It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick question about Donald

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hi ATS. I'm in the UK watching my morning news and the BBC are reporting that Donald Trump wants to enforce an automatic death sentence to anyone that kills a LEO.

My question is, does that work both ways?

If a cop shoots and kills an innocent person for no justified reason, shouldn't they get a death sentence too?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Your question about Trump:
He is saying, the he wants automatic death penalty for killing police officers.
You ask if that applies for killing some one who is not a police officer too?

Did I get that right?
Then no..

Then he would presumably have called for automatic death penalties for all killings.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Hi ATS. I'm in the UK watching my morning news and the BBC are reporting that Donald Trump wants to enforce an automatic death sentence to anyone that kills a LEO.

My question is, does that work both ways?

If a cop shoots and kills an innocent person for no justified reason, shouldn't they get a death sentence too?

The answer is, it doesn't work that way. This is another example of Donald Trump running his mouth about things he doesn't understand. Trump could, at most, require the death penalty for someone convicted of killing a federal law enforcement officer (like an FBI agent). The federal government cannot impose minimum penalties on state crimes (basically, crimes which did not involve crossing state lines).

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Does trump have any moderate ideas? Or is moderate considered PC and leftist these days

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

He was actually what I would have called "somewhat left of center" when he first entered the race based off of prior political comments I'd seen him make. He actually sounded very much like a Bill Clinton guy in terms of policy.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

He was actually what I would have called "somewhat left of center" when he first entered the race based off of prior political comments I'd seen him make. He actually sounded very much like a Bill Clinton guy in terms of policy.

What happened? Is he using terrorism as a tool to win over those in fear? Like many politicians do to advance their own agenda?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I don't know.

There's a chance he's playing everyone. There's also a chance that he's started paying a lot closer attention to things AND putting himself in the future position of having to deal with similar events and the consequence of current events. Maybe after looking deeper into these issues, he came to an epiphany?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
As it stands now, it seems like police officers have an unwritten law which allows them to execute the killer. How many times does a cop killer's life end by a police barrage of bullets. They have their own way of settling the score. It's not too often a cop killer is taken away in handcuffs.

new topics

top topics

join