It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finnish Freemasons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Does anyone know anything about the Finnish (Finland) Freemasons? What have they done? Are they linked to the U.S Freemasons? I dont know much, but I have letters and books, left behind by my dead grandfather. He was the assistant leader of the Espoo City, Near Helsinki.

He was a high ranked man in other circles too. etc.

But anyone got any info? Just post it here.

(and please don't be fooled by my time being here. It doesn't matter that I joined this community about 1 hour ago. Please don't stick in that matter.)

[edit on 5-1-2005 by xapanthe]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xapanthe
Does anyone know anything about the Finnish (Finland) Freemasons? What have they done? Are they linked to the U.S Freemasons?

The Grand Lodge of Finland enjoys full fraternal recognition with all 51 U.S. Grand Lodges. This means that we in the U.S. recognize that they are legitimate Masons, and vice versa.

I'm not very knowledgable about Finnish Masonry, but from their website I'm assuming that they work in the York Rite instead of the Swedish Rite. Only Christians may become Masons in the Swedish Rite, but the Grand Lodge of Finland appears non-sectarian, which is a feature of York Rite Symbolic Masonry.

Their website is:

www.vapaamuurarit.fi...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
masonic light brother can you explain sectarian masonry for me i hop this is not heading where i think it is.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Dave, My dad was an orangeman back in Belfast, where are you from? He just filled in his application to become a mason in my lodge here in Canada.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangeman dave
masonic light brother can you explain sectarian masonry for me i hop this is not heading where i think it is.

"Sectarian" meaning that the religious sect of a person is considered. In Sweden, Masonry is sectarian, meaning that only Christians can join.

In the United States, UK, and Canada, Masonry is not sectarian, meaning anyone who believes in God can join the Masons, regardless of what religion he belongs to.

top topics

join