It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now we are going to need passports to fly in the US? This can't be constitutional.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

DK In compliance
Med Filed extension
Light Noncompliant

According to Wiki, a/o Oct 2015, only 23 states are in compliance with real I.D. act. See image above. Only one state, MN, is non-compliant. All other states have filed an extension.

I'm not familiar with how the whole system works. Are the airlines going to require a passport in certain states but not on others? Or will it be the booking agents/agencies? Will signs be posted on the windows and doors of airports letting travelers know of the passport requirement?

I can see a whole muddle of issues with this law and the amount of states requiring/not requiring real I.D. or passports.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I live in a state that has opted out of the REAL ID program. They have implemented a program that is completely optional for those that want/need it to obtain a REAL ID compliant driver's license but I'll be damned if I'm getting one.

I read a recent local article discussing this where a reader wrote in the question why they had to take their daily worn eyeglasses off for the new compliant photo. The answer that was given is because all photos for the REAL ID and our compliant licenses are entered into a national facial recognition database.

Eff that. Just one more nail in the coffin of the 4th.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join