It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida man, 79, murdered on last shift at liquor store before retirement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Amid all of the noise arising from our collective concerns about ISIS and the general scourge that is radical Islam...examinations of, and outcries against, unwarranted violent Police encounters...the plight of the refugees from the wars in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa and elsewhere...and much more; comes this sad story (which I expect will go largely unnoticed) of one man's personal Armageddon.

A 79-year-old Florida man who was working his last shift Sunday night at a liquor store before retiring was murdered by robbers, police said.

Ali Arezoumandifar of Jupiter had recently sold the Liquor Market and had been helping the new owner learn the business, Boynton Beach police spokeswoman Stephanie Slater said. Sunday night was supposed to be his last night at the store and his family was waiting at home with a celebratory dinner...

Last Shift

In every way, this is just profoundly distressing, disturbing, disgusting and "unfair"...if that is the right word to use, when someone works their entire life to build something for himself and his family (he was 79!) - and just when he is finally going to be able to sit back and relax, some heartless moron takes his life.

For what...a little cash register full of paper bills?

I hope that whoever was responsible is quickly caught, is convicted, and pays the maximum price allowed under the law.

My heart goes out to his family, who must have been shocked beyond imagining (as they readied his retirement celebration at home) when they learned of this horrible act.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

That's just heartbreaking

I wish I had something else to add, but that about says it all. He lived a long life, I hope he can rest in peace and his family can live in peace after something this wretched.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

that's so incredibly sad. You often hear about someone who worked with a company for their entire lives, getting "let go" just before they reach the requirement for pensions. But this is even worse

Rest in Paradise Ali. Condolences to his family and friends... I hope the bastard robbers get brought to justice...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That just sounds suspicious . A jealous relative perhaps who hoped to keep the business going? Or maybe the new owner didn't want anyone knowing the "secrets" of the store? Where stuff is kept, safe boxes, storage spaces?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

"One death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin.

Never has this been more true than today. We can relate to the senseless and tragic murder of a man like this, because we can imagine if it were us and our family. Yet thousands die needlessly across the world every day, and it's harder for us to relate because numbers like that are impersonal and obscure. What a horrible ending to a productive life.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm sorry but to me that sounds like Obama and secret agents deliberately targetting retiree's or those who they want to on lists.

I don't believe in coincidences.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I wonder if his partner stood over his corpse and screamed out for revenge before going on a rampage to get it? I'm sorry that was insensitive, but 80's action movies (and the Simpsons character McBain making fun of it all the time) caused that to be the first thing to pop into my head.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

So why does it have to be Obama's fault then? Is Obama the only person who organizes assassinations in this country now?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is... I just don't know. This really makes me want to just run away from "civil"ization and never come back.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

They call that retirony.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I'm sorry but to me that sounds like Obama and secret agents deliberately targetting retiree's or those who they want to on lists.

This is supposed to be a joke or something, right?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
how have we not done away with florida yet?! i swear i read the most insane things coming out of florida on a daily basis. . . .

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I hope whoever did this enjoys the fruits of their labor. I really do.

Because as sure as there is a tomorrow, there will be some form of Karmic retribution. Maybe we'll never hear of it, but it'll happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I tend to try to see things as an inevitable sequence of events ... but this ... heartbreaking.

I can't imagine being a loved one and getting that knock at the door.

Unity, if you're not trying to be funny (and even if you are), please give it a rest ... at least for this thread? Geez.

This is a moment of humanity in which we can all mourn the passing of another who didn't deserve such treatment.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: Unity_99

This is supposed to be a joke or something, right?

It may be a joke from Unity. I do not know but rest easy knowing there are thousands, if not millions, that are so brainwashed by their political ideology that such a "conspiracy" seems logical.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

A 79-year-old Florida man who was working his last shift Sunday night at a liquor store before retiring was murdered by robbers, police said.

Irony is what holds it all together!
Forget gravity! *__-

There is one moment in all of out lives when we exhale for the last time.
Not anything can ever 'alter' that moment.
When it pops up is part of the fun!
Delicious irony!
I wonder if he was carefully saving every penny, denying himself all pleasures, for that 'rainy day' that, ironically, never comes?
Delicious! *__-
Yeah, we all die...
edit on 24-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

top topics

join