It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiosyncrasy or just another weird expereince...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I don�t know if this counts as one but this is my experience with Idiosyncrasy.

I had this dream ( I know me and my dreams again, but hear me out on this one) that I flying. I was in complete control. Then I started to realize that I was dreaming. This is what they call lucid dreaming which is talked about a lot on this board. Anyways as I was flying around I say this spot that I want to sit at and meditate. For what ever reason I lost control and fell but quickly gained control again. Then I saw my cat on the ground. I thought to my self maybe he was to go to the roof that I was going to meditate on. I picked him up and tried to put him on the roof but he would not stay on and he kept fighting me to get down like he was afraid of the height. The next thing I knew I was awaken by the sound of my cat throwing up on my bedroom floor. I thought that it might have been something he ate but I saw on food in his throw up. I cleaned it up and got ready for work.

Well that�s it folks my experience with idiosyncrasy as with everything I post it was weird indeed.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Definition:
A peculiarity of physical or mental constitution or
temperament; a characteristic belonging to, and
distinguishing, an individual; characteristic susceptibility;
idiocrasy; eccentricity.

I don't understand what you are posting

Cool dream though

[edit on 5-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I've seen people post about Idiosyncrasy and from what i got from it was that it was a link between thought and the physical world.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I had a dream similar to that like 2 weeks ago. I thought i was awake then all of a sudden i started to lift of my bed, i could hear my dog barking loudly, as i was flying up the stairs my dog was staring at me, and i kept flying and i was laughing to myself, then i dropped, and suddenly woke to hear my dog crying upstair where i had been flying. Oh yeah, and like a week before that i woke up, and i saw what time it was in my head, then i turned to look at my alarm clock, i was exactly right, i saw what time it was without even looking at me clock. what is that suppose to mean, i'm psychic?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I like people who can spell idiosyncrasy in a non-idiosyncratic way, it's a mark of finesse. But it sure isn't the word for the concept you are looking to describe.

There is some element of synchronicity in the events you describe, loosely.

By and large your dreams will contain fragments of your waking thought as you fell asleep, various unconscious impulses rising to the surface, and the physical sensations you are actually experiencing.

The sound of your cat throwing up would be easily assimilated into your dream. Your cat entered your dream because you physically sensed the presence of your cat.

And any other explanations that you choose.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Maybe you're thinking about Synchronicity, which are things(whatever they may be) happening with relation to each other, i.e. your cat behaving around you and your dreaming of it. Not really mysterious as it is indicative of the power of the subconscious - even when you're asleep your mind is percieving outside stimulii and sometimes this gets incorporated into your dreams. It's pretty cool and if you pursue awareness of your dreams you'll find that your awareness of your reality will increase as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I often incorporate the sound of the alarm clock into my dreams....without it waking me up. (Needless to say this doen't work out too well for getting to work on time!)

In one of these dreams, I dreamed I got up and looked out the window to see two old farmers standing in the yard. One took off his straw hat to reveal two large bumps on his head. Showing them to the other farmer, he said, " When I push this one in, ( and he did so ) it causes this ringing noise! (my alarm!) And when I push the other one, it stops!"

As I was thinking how silly that was, I suddenly realized (in the dream) that it was my alarm clock, and woke up!

join