It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Felt like an actual experience, rather than just a "dream"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I had a horrible nightmare last night. I was at a lake, and everywhere I stepped, there were hundreds and hundreds of venomous snakes. I mean EVERYWHERE. Mostly popping out of the ground -- sticking up everywhere I stepped. Rattlesnakes and copperheads in this dream. Very colorful. Very vivid and specific. I couldn't step ANYWHERE near the lake or on the shore without encountering them. My dream then suddenly shifted to a family in the distance playing in the water. I screamed and screamed for them to "watch out." I remember running over to them pleading, and as I got closer, I kept seeing all these venomous snakes floating on top of the water washing ashore. I remember this family being in shock as soon as they noticed all these snakes washing ashore. After that, I don't remember anything; I woke up. Woke up replaying it in my head over and over with a physically ill/horrible feeling. It felt like an actual experience, not a "dream." I dream regularly, but then there's... "dreams" that feel like actual experiences -- where it's hard to non-chalantly dismiss them off as "dreams."
edit on 12-11-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Yea they can do that..
I remember when I was about 13 I had a dream I bought a N64, played it till I went to bed. Next day woke up and went down to my basement to play it. And yea, it wasn't there. I was extremely confused for about 5 minutes, then realizing it was a dream.
The subconscious mind is a strange thing.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Hey there, I actually had a similar dream a while back. Snakes everywhere and they were surrounding us pretty quickly so we retreated to some fort like structure, it appeared to be a pillaged and burnt castle. In the end they overwhelmed us and I got bitten which made me wake up instantly. It was so real that I had felt that bite for several minutes after until it cooled off.

What does it all mean? Could be different things so you have to interpret for yourself. In my case I found the following to be true.

Being chased by a snake means that you are facing an intimidating situation in your life that is haunting you. Emotions that you have not dealt with are coming back at you.

A dream of being attacked by a snake, it could be calling you to explore a challenging situation in your life and how to deal with it.

If you are dreaming of being bitten by snake, it means that you need to pay attention to something that you’ve been avoiding because it was too intimating or uncomfortable.

You might want to read this...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d

Hey there, I actually had a similar dream a while back. Snakes everywhere and they were surrounding us pretty quickly so we retreated to some fort like structure, it appeared to be a pillaged and burnt castle. In the end they overwhelmed us and I got bitten which made me wake up instantly. It was so real that I had felt that bite for several minutes after until it cooled off.

What does it all mean? Could be different things so you have to interpret for yourself. In my case I found the following to be true.

Being chased by a snake means that you are facing an intimidating situation in your life that is haunting you. Emotions that you have not dealt with are coming back at you.

A dream of being attacked by a snake, it could be calling you to explore a challenging situation in your life and how to deal with it.

If you are dreaming of being bitten by snake, it means that you need to pay attention to something that you’ve been avoiding because it was too intimating or uncomfortable.

You might want to read this...

Just came here for the read, but holy crap - a website specifically about snake dreams.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I have experienced that dream too, it is like all the snakes are just popping out of everywhere or everything is converting into snakes. Really horrifying experience. I walked over the snakes because there were just tooo much of them and I have no space to walk so I just stepped over them.

I searched the thing for both of us and found this, there are many more.

Symbol of Abundance The serpent in your dream was in abundance which is a sign that there is something of abundance in your life that you may or may not know about. It can be an abundance of untapped energy especially Se..

You may want to read more of the meaning from here.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

There can be various explanations for certain dream, concretely certain dream symbol, since dreams are personal messages.
Everything that's posted so far to your response is a possible interpretation. For example, I also had a dream with snakes once, they were just 'standing' there, like they just appeared in my dream to be seen. I did read several dream interpretations, but what guided me mostly in the end was my inner feeling or intuition. I realized it had something to do with my new co-workers at a new job I got then, in a negative way. So, it was also a warning.
Good luck in your interpretation!

new topics

top topics

join