It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami - Its long term effects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Have anybody talked about the long-term effects the tsunami will have on these poor nations, as well as the world?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
well the tourist industry over there is going to be hit hard, so most of the business' that operate out there but also internationaly will suffer. the 5 million or so that are homeless obviously are going to need to rebuild there lives completly, houses, jobs etc. in some places worst off, the whole town has prety much disapeared so in those places it is going to take time to rebuild. i heard that there were two civil wars going on, one of which now has called a truce as the tsunami has brought them closure, but i think the other is worse off than before...but i think at the end of the day both will end. the countries pledging money, i think soon the total will need to be about 5 billion, they will suffer economicaly. even though america, britain are wealthy countries, we still will find it hard to get that sort of money together. i see 2005, especially in the first 6 months, being very damaging to the whole world's econonmy, stocks will go down, people just won't be buying anything. depending how long the effects last for will effect how our econimies suffer.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
the news here have been saying that it might take several years for these countries to recover. But i think it could be well over 50 years, for the country to fully recover. The tragic loss in life cannot not be replaced so easily

new topics

join