It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some sleep control help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am going on vacation with my girlfriend and i don't want to embarass myself infront of her family during the night.

You see, i have a little problem. During the night, i usually sleepwalk around. I even talk and sometimes i run in circles.

A couple of days ago i was sleepwalking when my mom came downstairs. I am not aware of this until my parents tell me, but i cringed like Gollum in Lord of the Rings and made a hiss noise possibly trying to scare away my mom.

I am really concerned about this. Especially since i saw a white cylindric figure when I was young and more recently a green hand reaching for me at night before I fell asleep.

Oh yeah and one other thing. Apparently my vision is 20/20 when I am sleepwalking. I wear contacts and take them out at night. I have neg 11 in the right eye and neg 10.5 in the right. I really cant see at all and I am surprised I havent gotten hurt with all the running I do at night without my contacts in.

I am just afraid im going to hurt someone if they scare me while im sleepwalking.

All the help will be greatful. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Have you tried consulting with a Sleep Disorders Center? You can get a referral from your family doctor. Most sleep centers are affiliated with a local hospital and include a wide variety of treatment options.

Do not take any drastic steps like chaining/handcuffing/lashing yourself to the bed, you could seriously hurt yourself & wake up in a world of hurt (which may be permanent).

Also, I wonder if talking to her parents before going on vacation may help with your anxiety? At the very least they won't be as shocked if it happens in the middle of the night.

MK

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
what will they do to me though? You ever been to one?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
What about getting one of those motion sensors and setting it near the door hooked up to some kind of audible alarm? They say it's not good to wake up a sleep walker but hell, if it saves you from sleep walking down a flight of stairs, I'd say try anything. As far as sleeping, try Valerian Root Extract, I was an insomniac for years and years and still am really, but tried Valerian and slept like a baby with no side effects or noticible pharmocological problems. It's very mild, almost unnoticable, and really the only effects I could discern was the most relaxing and refreshing deep sleep I had ever had.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Shank yiu! Twitchy

I think ill try the Valerian root extract. You know a good site online where I can buy it from or if its found in GNC?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It is a fairly common herbal extract, GNC should have it, if they don't try a smaller chain of herbal stores, but it is very common. Valerian is also a pretty hardy plant if you are into growing herbs. It is a little expensive retail, but you may be able to find a source for it on the net for alot less money.

top topics

join