It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halal only KFC in ENGLAND refuses to serve bacon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: markosity1973

Did you know McDonald's in Germany serve beer? So by your logic, any McDonald's in the states that doesn't serve a McBeer (or whatever it is called over there) isn't a real McDonald's.

Additions are different to omissions. McDonald's has a basic international menu and every country has something unique available throughout it's entirety.

One should be able to walk into any KFC or McDonald's worldwide and order the same basic menu. The KFC example is a single site going rogue.

Big difference.

And yes by this logic if one KFC is halal, they all should be.

Well I guess you are just the world wide Fast Food police huh? Telling companies what they should and shouldn't sell.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I didn't read the source link, so maybe I'm missing something. Is the KFC not allowed to sell bacon by government decree, or is it the company's choice not to sell bacon? I love bacon (though I doubt I would ever consider getting bacon at a KFC, for fear of offending the "bacon" section of my taste buds by low-quality bacon), but I just don't see a problem with a private enterprise choosing whether to sell or not sell certain products.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Nope, not good enough KFC.

You either offer the full KFC menu with everything every other KFC offers, or you are not a KFC any more. Simple.

This political pandering to Islam is exactly how they will gain control of UK / Europe as per their stated goal. It starts with the little things, and if one notes how many little concessions that have been made already, it adds up to a lot.

Islam really is the new Army that Nostradamus prophesied about.

I would be concerned for the survival of the species if almost everyone didn't understand that it is the right of a business to choose which products to sell or not sell. Thankfully, most people here understand the reality, that it is still a KFC, whether they like it or not. McDonald's in India doesn't sell beef burgers McD's India Menu - does that mean it isn't a McDonalds? Corporate paperwork would beg to differ.

Are people really that obsessed with their extreme low-quality fast food that they feel they somehow, by default, have earned ownership over these companies and influence over the decisions they make, simply because they've eaten a lot of their "food?" Maybe bad food really does cause brain dysfunction.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: anxiouswens

I didn't read the source link, so maybe I'm missing something. Is the KFC not allowed to sell bacon by government decree, or is it the company's choice not to sell bacon? I love bacon (though I doubt I would ever consider getting bacon at a KFC, for fear of offending the "bacon" section of my taste buds by low-quality bacon), but I just don't see a problem with a private enterprise choosing whether to sell or not sell certain products.

You didn't miss anything. A specific KFC decided to stop selling bacon. That's it. But you should know by now that there are some posters here who won't miss an opportunity to bash Islam any chance they get.

And yeah, I don't know what those people were thinking in their comments about international fast food chain menus. For example, McDonald's is famous globally for catering their menus to different regions. Here's just one of the numerous videos I found that shows this better than I could ever explain it.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
I'm sorry, but cutting a cows neck while it is fully conscience is not humane.

This is a practice from a long time ago. Today we as a people can do a better job. You don't have to just keep doing something because they did it 1400 years ago

a reply to: enlightenedservant

If you care about being humane to animals, why are you buying food from fast food chains?

Stunning means the animal is on a conveyor then gets a bolt fired into it's head and then waits around for its throat to be slit while fully aware of the pain

Halal type slaughter means the animal is on a conveyor then has it's throat slit.

Neither are humane. All stunning does is make it look a bit prettier, but adds far more time to the pain and suffering the animal is in. Having reared, killed and cooked my own chickens for a while, they certainly act better with a clean, swift decapitation than being 'stunned'.

There is no way to kill an animal without it going through a lot of pain - even if stunned then decapitated, it'd still be alive and responsive for around 5 - 30 mins after. It should be a rule that if you want to eat meat you should be able to kill it yourself (certainly changed my attitude to eating meat - still eat it but only the best quality and conditions).

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
"And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing..."
(Sûrah 2:191~193)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheInhumanCentipede
"And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing..."
(Sûrah 2:191~193)

If you're going to act like you're quoting the Qur'an, actually quote the Qur'an. Because that's not what it says, as I'll show you.

Surah #2, Al-Baqarah (The Cow), lines 190-193, Pickthall translation (here).

190. Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

191. And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

192. But if they desist, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

193. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers.

The actual passage is a lot different in context from the shortened & paraphrased thing you quoted. Though I have to ask, what does this have to do with a KFC in the UK that won't serve bacon anymore?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheInhumanCentipede

Gordon Bennet, man, even I know that that particular quotation is taken hugely out of context, extracted from a much larger quotation. Context is everything. That quotation is talking about when they are attacked, and it even specifies that they must not be the aggressors.

I have no particular love for Islam, nor any other religion, I am atheist, but seriously, learn to read the whole quote and take it in context.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
They have halal beef bacon...what's the problem

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The actual passage is a lot different in context...

Do not waste you time explaining the concept of 'context' with me -- a free-thinking, logically-minded, rationale human being who can discern fairy tale from fact. Argue it with these guys -- "Moslems" - whose aggregate IQ's would barely break 'sub normal':

>As an AK-47 is dangerous in the hands of an unstable person, so too is the Qu'ran dangerous in the minds of those susceptible to violent acts.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join