It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comatose Digits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Ummm...a number of years ago I thought that I had written about every topic under the sun...I thought that anything else I wrote might be overly redundant...I could not get my brain to shut off the valve from which my poetic nature runs...

And then I did...it took a longish while to open that faucet again...and from it spill flows of consideration...

I always keep writing materials with me...even if it's only an old napkin...or a register receipt...pen...pencil...marker...it's all the same to me...
no matter the subject...

Comatose Digits

I am rung
Not tonal
No
More bellicose than bell
Nor am I tread though trod upon does bear a simpler similitude

The old ringer washer has me by armpit and shoulder
First the fingers that too long lay dormant
They may as well have drooled
from chopstick pencil grip to page

Comatose digits who fled purpose
believing that the entirety of the all
lay redundant in a few hundred odd scribing’s

What vain narcissism coughed bile into the fore of conscience
An ugly little reflective facade
A sunburn peel of countenance dared hang burqa-esque
a secondary skin
loose and opaque on expression

Oh insight
have you bound banality tight within the ream

Dysfunction paces joyous
within the confine of ego

YouSir

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I could not get my brain to shut off the valve from which my poetic nature runs…

Nice spigot you have there. Let it flow.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Ummm...Thank you Intrptr...I just had a 1/4 turn ball valve hose barb grafted to the back of my head...the only misgiving is that now it's not just drool that stains the pillow case...

Be well my friend...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...Thank you Intrptr...I just had a 1/4 turn ball valve hose barb grafted to the back of my head...the only misgiving is that now it's not just drool that stains the pillow case...

Be well my friend...

YouSir

Thats good drool. You definitely have talent…

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Ummm...thank you kind sir...I honestly believe that all individuals have talent...some find easy expression...while in others it only lies dormant...waiting for the right sunset or turn of phrase or welcoming smile...Whatever the initiator...is not important...only that nurture replace self doubt...

Might this day find you so filled with awe that it infect everyone you come in contact with...

Be well my friend

YouSir

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

You, my friend, are awesome.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Ummm...if indeed I am awesome...then it is because I am awe filled...Awed by you Swanne...by Blend...By Sixpack...by Night Star...By Natalia...By BeanSidhe...By Intrptr...By CCBears...By Chronaut...By Olaru...and all those others that come here to this site and all those others out there shining like lamps in the darkness.......

To me your all like the stars on those clear nights...and I will go out...lay on my back on the ground and wish so hard that I might journey there some day...and as I pass on by I would sing hello...naming you all and laughing at the sheer good will that my mind think to each and everyone...

And I would thank you each and everyone...if only because you are...

That's what it means to me as I sit here...as I dwell here...as I while away whatever days are left to me and I come to the ultimate realization that it is good...as my soul tries to flee this construct...grow wings and soar there beyond the bright horizon...beyond that faintest light that flickers...beyond that place where thought had never walked and dream was not yet born...

Be well my friend...For awe is born in you and with every breath...anew...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

join