It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awe-inspiring fireball lights up sky over Bangkok (VIDEOS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

A bright fireball lit up the night sky above Bangkok on Monday, as an objected suspected to be a meteor burnt up in the atmosphere over Thailand.

The flash could be seen in several parts of the country, including the capital, Thai media report. Dashcam videos published soon after the fireball hit the sky show the dark night turn into day for a few seconds.

According to the National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand, it is suspected that the fireball was a small meteor that burnt up in the atmosphere at a high altitude.

Awe-inspiring fireball lights up sky over Bangkok (VIDEOS)

The omens they keep on coming, as would have been the ramblings of feudal age seers and shaman.. but hey we have another bright fireball event.

So we have a big fireball over Bangkok on Monday night. It was just suspected to be a small meteor only that burst up in the air.

Any experts think we are bound to see more of this especially in major cities? Simply spectacular how it lights up the area..

More videos on the event...

edit on 2-11-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Wow, cool.

I used to hang out on hilltops for a year o nights to see things like this…

now I just come here.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Weird... in that it was the same rare blue color as the one over Europe a couple days ago.

Possibly a piece from the same group or object... neat, and good thing a meteor can't be a "dwelling" in the sky as in the "blue Kachina" of the Hopi.. .heh.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That is the second one in the last two months that has been captured by dash cam videos in the Bangkok metro area.. The other one was during a day time event. Both were rather impressive.
edit on 2-11-2015 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Wow, cool.

now I just come here.

Cool isn't it...just wow..amazing event to actual get a glimpse of..

Some people are just lucky to witness such heavenly awesomeness...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Another bright show, maybe Asteroid TB145 does have debris..well it does have debris following it, I'm just not so sure that it was close enough for the debris tail to reach Earth?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yeah I agree, the Halloween asteroid might have brought some debris alone with it. Can anyone confirm that if it's part of the debris that come from asteroid TB145, if any?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Three weeks ago i was camping in the "City of rocks" Idaho. There were four of us hiking out on top of this rock by our camp. We saw a meteor that looked exactly like that.

I saw it from stat to finish. It started like a regular meteor, it didn't stop, it kept going and turned bright blue like that, then it blew up and and dimmed down just like that. I would say it was about 20 miles away from where we were so the sky around us didn't light up like that.

Also about 6 years ago, I saw one of these in Salt Lake City. I literally thought it was gonna hit the city and blow us all up. The meteor trail was engrained in my vision for like a day.

These things seem to be occurring more often? Or are there just more cameras and people to view them?

edit on 2-11-2015 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Or are there just more cameras and people to view them?

Especially dash cams…

I couldn't even begin to wonder how many vehicles on the roads have dash cams on all the time.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
Any experts think we are bound to see more of this especially in major cities?

Look for fireballs in the night sky as Taurid meteor swarm peaks

The Taurid meteor shower is peaking over the next couple of weeks. Meteor showers are a normal part of life on many planets. No doomsday prophecies required.

This is normal.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

originally posted by: intrptr

Wow, cool.

now I just come here.

Cool isn't it...just wow..amazing event to actual get a glimpse of..

Some people are just lucky to witness such heavenly awesomeness…

I been on Terra firma over a half a century and I've only seen one such with the naked eye. Thanks for bringing it.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Not sure my awe was inspired but it was kinda pretty

Almost in time for Guy Fawkes Night.

edit on 2-11-2015 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
And so it Begins....

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

and so what begins?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

Look for fireballs in the night sky as Taurid meteor swarm peaks

The Taurid meteor shower is peaking over the next couple of weeks. Meteor showers are a normal part of life on many planets. No doomsday prophecies required.

This is normal.

Hey _BoneZ_, thanks for sharing...

I disagree and agree with it being "normal", given that only few people are aware or expecting an upcoming meteor shower, a majority of people are just awe struck at the sight of it and left wondering what it was that just light up the skies.

However, it's normal that a handful already know what to expect from the heavens this coming weeks...

Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Dash cam footage from Voravuds Studio is among the most dramatic footage of the meteor:

EDIT: looks like the same video as the OP's...

A giant fireball believed to be a meteor was seen blazing over Bangkok on Monday night, setting the sky aglow with several commuters recording the brilliant showing on their dash cameras. The suspected meteor rocketed over several parts of Thailand at around 8:35 p.m. local time, according to the Bangkok Post. It made a bright explosion before fizzling out.

www.grindtv.com...

A large ball of fire was seen streaking across the night sky in several parts of the country, including Bangkok, on Monday. The suspected meteor was seen in Bangkok, Chon Buri, Ratchaburi, Kanchanaburi, Khon Kaen, Nakhon Pathom, among other provinces, around 8.35pm, according to messages sent to the JS100 Twitter account. The Thai Astronomical Society said shortly after on the Facebook page after the incident that it was "expected" to be a meteor.

www.bangkokpost.com...

edit on 2-11-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

new topics

top topics

join