It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about we build a hero/ess today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Where do we build it, what location?
In the mind, in multiple locations.
How do we build one?
Find a body/actress/actor, pump him/her up convince them they are the best thing on earth.
How do we do that?
Pay for top reviews, interviews, pictures,gossip. Generating mega levels of attention.
So now they are famous, but how do they become heroes?
That part is all done via the stories that land in his or her lap. Over time we can build a hero
that delivers the message we want right in to the minds of the watchers.
Who are the watchers ?
The humans of course, give them a good story and they will lapp it up like starving dogs.
What’s the point of it all?
Manipulation, creating a need where there is no need, creating envy where there was no envy. That’s what heroes are for, misleading or taking humans on a grand tour.
What happens when the Hero stops collaborating?
Replacement, he becomes a failure and dies in the mind of others.
Why do we do this?
We are lazy and prefer others to do the work for us.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
nice write up.

That is why a like your threads, they are very intriguing and it gives you something to ponder.

OK. I get what you want to say but how do I respond in a meaningful way? I am a bit lost here haha

I feel that whatever I write will be only fuelling more into the fire, because forums and any kind of media is part of the problem. They are great for lazy people, hah!

How would you propose we could break out of this laziness and be heroes ourselves? Not fake heroes, but real ones with real integrity?

Maybe take one step at a time and work on it continuously?
Find what you love and let it kill you?
But many people don't know what they love and enjoy doing? How to find that?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'll volunteer to be the hero.

I will carry the message.

I will watch the watchers.

all aboard for the night train....

The alternatives are unbliss

starving, lonely dogs,

want peace

work for justice!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

hope this thread takes off, im very interested

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Give the people the land back. How many would choose to live in a simple pressed brick house for 5000 and be debt free in five years, as opposed to a stick frame with fancy nest thermostats and a socket every ten feet on every wall. Community greenhouses, aquaponics, efficient waste recycling. If people cared, and were given more opportunity to do so, I think more people just might. It is hard to continue to hope when the CBC does an expose that hammers into our heads what we already know, the bosses throw all the coffee cups into the landfill, they don't care, they don't live downwind of it.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Okay instead of going to a primate state, of i want,i want, whats in it for me...

The OT made a thread,...

Create a Hero using your imagination.. nothing with debts, houses, cars, watches, money...

A fictional fantasy character, made with your innovation and imagination..

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here is my application:

I will keep 3 cats as house pets(at all times) and eat fruits and vegetables that are pest free(for the record, 'organic' refers to all carbon based life)...

I will use bug spray with deet....

I will gladly pay more taxes to reinstate NASA to its former glory and a return trip to the moon followed by manned Mars missions....

-Christosterone

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia What would be more heroic than improving humanity's lot?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I would say that its not about us being heroes but being conned by aparent heroes. As you cut down the heroes or cut through them, you are freed from them and those who puppet them. Sure, they we rebuild new ones , but you have become wiser to the game. The heroes are just the front to the whole play. Good questions you propose and that is what it is all about.a reply to: UniFinity

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
A hero?

You don't build or make a hero. They happen. Real heroes are the ones who do what desperately needed to be done and at the time, no one usually notices or realizes that they are heroes. It's usually only hindsight that reveals it.

And anyone can be a hero. You just need to be the person who does the right thing at the right time in the face of impossible, maybe even fatal odds.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I think you have to rephrase your thread, to much ideals

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia

I think you have to rephrase your thread, to much ideals

Well some ideals have been seen, but other thoughts have remained in there locality. The phrase of today, means in our times. Wasnt happy to use the word times! Its fine, at the end of the day the flow goes as it should flow.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I wanted to see some imagination,

PS: Wonder Woman if you want our times..

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia

I wanted to see some imagination,

PS: Wonder Woman if you want our times..

Get creative, express your wonderwoman for everyone to see!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

You know, there are people that have done a load of work to help others, and funnily enough they are not really "heroes" at all, they are just people that decided to get off their couches.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Beautiful post, ancientthunder. I was moved by it to do stream of consciousness writing, which I have not done for a time. It felt real.

People need to be their own heroes.

Stop believing the slanted rhetoric, that is set to train you into believing the LIE that you are not enough AS YOU ARE.

You don't need
x product to make you young
x product to make you thin
x product to make you smart
x product to make you rich

You are valuable as you are, stop allowing yourself to be convinced otherwise; for profit that you have no share in, and has no share in you.

Your mind is rich in wisdom, that your neighbour would benefit from.
Your body is rich in strength that will help more than yourself.
Your spirit is rich in cheer that will bring a smile to a thousand faces.

You. Are. Enough.

Heroes on programs are programmed to be such. Be it for their own vanity or insanity.

Be your own hero and save the lives of others, simply by saving yourself.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
your post in great also MoonBlossom!

acientthunder did pose a very intriguing question at the very last place about laziness. What do you think about that or anyone else for that matter?
Why are we lazy and how can we get out of laziness? is the allure of the imaginary heroes really so strong that we are helpless to break away from this self destructive living?

I mean we ALL could be doing something great and what we really like ALL the time (outside of work or even better - for work?) but instead we waste many hours watching tv where our heroes are alive and shining and we are doing nothing but wasting our precious time. Which leaves us empty and unhappy with our life sooner than later until we get old and our shine diminishes but heroes are still there in some form, shining as ever. But when you get old I imagine they lose importance at least for a lot of old people.

You are old and you realize there are no heroes or some realize they can be heroes to - heroes of their own making as MoonBlossom says!
Some realize this and start living crazy, like bucket list move haha. But shouldn't we try to do that while young to try everything and figure out what we like and what is fun for us, why are we so delusional and lazy?

Are we taking for granted that we have all the time in the world while even in the next hour we could suffer a heart attack?
Why don't we value time as we should and use it wisely, dare say - heroically ?

Time = gold and we are on credit since birth since no one knows the future.
edit on 14464665911116November1611163015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The one that is divided strives to be some thing - a hero or maybe the biggest victim of all. I am the best, I am the worst - poor me.
The idea that you have to be the best will make bad feelings happen when you fail - being the best you force someone to be less.
Striving to become is the forgetful being.

edit on 2-11-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
When there is a will there is a way!

new topics

top topics

join