It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Data Being Stolen Via Hacking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Our info which is stored online to pay bills and/or for paying for other things is NOT secure, in fact there doesn't seem to be a day go by when some Company/Organisation come out with News that info has been breached. This info includes: Names, D.O.B's, Addresses and in some cases bank Details or parts of it. I don't know about you but I'm becoming increasingly annoyed and angered that we should be putting up with this breach! Is there any way we can sue a Company for breaching the rules and not securing our details 100%? Not securing their Systems 100%?

I think we should be able to claim something from somewhere.

Latest Breach:

British Gas- www.msn.com...

This comes on top of last weeks Talk Talk Hack!

is this the Government trying to find out people's information because they failed in their attempt to bring their Bill (For spying) into the House of Commons? It wasn't voted for?

What say you?

I personally think Companies should go back to storing our Info on paper in Basements locked away in Boxes or whatever.. Maybe we should go back to paying at the Bank in person or at a Post Office!
edit on CDTThu, 29 Oct 2015 10:42:41 -05000000003110x141x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Is there any way we can sue a Company for breaching the rules and not securing our details 100%? Not securing their Systems 100%?

I think we should be able to claim something from somewhere.

I suspect that when we click the "I Agree" button when we set up our online accounts, we are likely giving them a pass by things written in the fine print.

Saw a great documentary on this not too long ago... It was called "Terms and Conditions May Apply"
edit on 29-10-2015 by eluryh22 because: Added name of documentary

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Welcome to 2015.
It's relatively easy to make your home computers safe, with up to date firewalls and anti virus programs.
Security Tips

However, when every corporate entity you deal with has all your data stored on a hard drive, or in the cloud, your data will never be totally safe. End of story.

Just think about it. Banks, govt offices, medical offices, stores, schools, churches, and so on.
All these entities have your info. Some of them have extremely personal data.

Even if a company has the most secure system possible, their employees can access it at will.
Large financial institutions can employ 1000 people in their customer service work force, all having
access to your finanacial records.

You must be proactive, and check your info on a daily basis. There are inexpensive (even free) services that
will monitor your financial activity 24/7, and notify you if something is amiss.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I don't know about you but I'm becoming increasingly annoyed and angered that we should be putting up with this breach! Is there any way we can sue a Company for breaching the rules and not securing our details 100%? Not securing their Systems 100%?

The problem isn't with your or said companies computers, the problem mostly arises in-between, when the data is "out there" transiting the ether.

No guarantees there.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Maybe we should go back to paying at the Bank in person or at a Post Office!

First there was gold, replaced with paper, then mail, now everything is electronic.

You want someone to blame, start with those that have all the gold.

underground vaults

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

You're right. None of it is secure!

I have away round some of it by using 'fake' names on social media sites but we can't use 'fake' names when paying bills or signing up at a Doctos/Medical Centre.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's a lot of gold!

Lets break in,

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

You're probably right about the Terms & Conditions', like most... I don't bother to read it. It's too much.

top topics

join