It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The star&flag of ATS, mainly stars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

says the guy with the star background avatar

hehe, just playing, mate

everyone's a bit of an egomaniac sometimes~!

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

they make my ego feel warm and fuzzy inside :3

yeah OP, while I think you're right, there really is no way to know for sure. I tend to star posts that I agree and disagree with, just as long as the people who posted them put thought and effort into it.

edit on 24-10-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

How the hell do you know why some anonymous member stars a post? I often star posts that go against my core beliefs if they challenge my mind to see things from the other side.

You're just making assumptions and your OP is BS.

Because like I said earlier, if you had read the entire thread before posting, it is blatantly obvious in some threads/forums.
As for your "often star posts that go against your core beliefs"...I bet you everything I own that you star posts that relate to you more often than you do posts that challenge your beliefs...it's human nature...

A2D

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Not likely. I personally don't see the need for them and rarely even use them. I just find it funny how people can be so blatantly narrow minded that even when confronted with proof, their core beliefs can be so strong as to override that proof. And then they form "teams" based on their own ignorance.

For instance, if I explain to Jack that Lignum vitae is a wood that is more dense than water and thus will not float...he might be of the strong belief that all wood floats. His belief could be so strong as to override any evidence I provide, even bringing in a piece and letting him see it sink for himself. Jack might bring together a few of his like-minded friends in a spirited debate with me to try to rationalize why the wood is supposed to float but doesn't. They might even come to the conclusion that I "sabotaged" the wood to make it sink.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

It's almost as if they don't even care about the content being provided and only decide who has a valid point by the amount of stars they accumulate.

I do agree to that..
You kind of see the allies..
EDIT: my point .. not saying this is yours

Someone said to me here
Sadly ats is not a democracy.. I am still trying to prove this statement wrong

I often star posts that go against my core beliefs if they challenge my mind to see things from the other side.

Likewise.. But as you said it is like 2:8 meaning less often

personally for me
star = I read your post
reply = I like your post (it is actually very hard for me not to comment and let my star do the justice)
flag = thank you for the effort .. collaboration and sharing and caring rules
edit on 24-10-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I still think you'd feel a lot different if you had more stars.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Closed for review.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join