It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for Canadians: What Matters More to You?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I am very tired and working 7-day weeks again, but I will be going out to vote this morning before going to bed (I work nights, so I sleep by day.) Sleeping will be hard though, because I'm so damned nervous! Last time I truly believed there was no way he could get back in, not with a never-ending series of scandals to prove they're a bunch of criminals, yet it happened. I believe there was mass election fraud, and will be this time as well. Likely it'll take many times the votes to the Libs and NDP to beat the Conservatives--err, I mean the Party of Stephen Harper.

Please, if anyone sees any sign of election fraud, SPEAK UP, report it, fight it!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I commend your determination. Having worked many years on back shifts, it's hard enough driving home after a shift.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Well, I walk lol I've had a lot harder jobs in the past than what I'm doing now though.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

You're lucky to not have to drive to and from work. I spent 32 years at a 14k distance either taking a bus or ride sharing on one of the worst highways in Ontario for winter conditions and, often, it's 'white knuckle' driving in white-outs.

On the plus side, though, the company I worked for was very lenient on federal, provincial or even municipal voting days. As a result, I missed very few occasions to cast a ballot.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Oh yes, didn't think about that, but indeed some people will be a long distance from their voting stations. When I used to live in Toronto I had a job where I had to walk up to the subway and then take a bus. Of course, the bus ride took forever...slow and stopping at every intersection. It would budge ahead and stop again, two or so times before being able to pass an intersection. I remember thinking it would have been faster to walk lol

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I did not vote for the first ever. I have been Conservative and think their economics are good for Canada but some of their platforms really scare me. The other two parties are out of the question. How do you vote if you really can,t back a party?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join