It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movember the Month the ladies hate :D

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Speaking as a fellow who sports a beard at all times, I fail to see what all the fuss is about. However, I do appreciate the fact that at a certain time of year, every year, other gentlemen take on the manly duty of growing beards and moustaches. However, a word of wisdom to my fellow chaps all over the world... this is a duty that falls to you year long. Remember, a beard is for life, not just for Movember.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I suggested an ATS beard of the year competition earlier in the thread, I am glad it did not garner any enthusiasm looking at that kind of competition.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well still got some time to grow it more so.
Me after a 14 hour boring night shift.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

That moustache is well on the way to twirlability!

Jolly good show! Carry on!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit that's a big flavour saver you got their mate, perfect for midnight feasts. I'm just jealous as my baby face only allows for a sparse patches of bum fluff.

edit on 18-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Indeed so!

In fact, it is a multifunctional device! Catching food aside, it is also a damned good wind gauge, rain catcher, stain preventer, and chin hider. I very rarely require a scarf either, especially if I let the Neckbeard grow out, which I have a habit of doing around this time of year. Although I was partially shaven of face in the image I posted, in the time since my face fur has returned to the space between my ears and my chin, and is doing an admirable job of keeping the wind off my neck.

I am as ready for winter as a fellow could possibly be!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I'm just jealous as my baby face only allows for a sparse patches of bum fluff.

Glad it's not just me! Honestly, i swear i get less growth now than i did decades ago. By the time i had anything other than an embarrassing collection of bum fluff, it would be time to shave it all off again.

Grr, curse my youthful face!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian I haven't even had a wet shave since 2005. Normally a quick once over with an electric razor keeps me hair free for a month, but as you say a price we must pay for youthful looks

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Iam having trouble with my wax...
I got the supposed strongest holding tash wax but the triwls only last about half an hour..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Hmmm...

I tend to let my fuzz merely sit as it will, without the aid of waxes, although I do possess a pot of foad wax, just for special occasions.

It could be a heating issue, the wax responding to changes in its surrounding climate, or it may be that you are twirling too tightly, the tips of your moustache, causing the release of tension to force them to spring open. I have little advice of merit on the matter myself, but it might be possible to gain some insight by frequenting forums dedicated to the formation of epic, prize winning beards and facial hair.

There are various societies and associations, clubs if you will, which have to do with facial hair, and any one of them might prove an invaluable resource of knowledge on your quest for an epic face pelt. They are bound to have presence on line, so I would advise that you seek them out, and seek from them their wise counsel upon the matter.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I think I may be touching and twirling it like dick dastardly a bit too much.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Ah, I see! A discipline issue, rather than one of finding the correct bonding compound.

Well, those can be the most difficult to solve of all!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Why do men think that women have a dislike for male facial hair. I asked my husband this question today and he stated that he has read many things stating that women do not. I guess that is why when we first became a couple, he asked me if I wanted him to shave it off. No! I practically screamed. I love how he keeps his facial hair. It is my preferred look on men, and I got lucky enough to find a guy whose facial hair is just right, and he wants to shave it? Over my dead body.

I think we need a Female Fans of Male Facial Hair club.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I love Movember! My man has facial hair and I love it. It's sexy and manly to me. I love stroking my hands on the side of his beard at night while we are lying down. He's had facial hair for as long as I've known him, ten years.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

See, I have never been under any false impressions about male facial hair, and the opinion of females on its merits and virtues. Men, from what I understand, often make these assumptions based on the amount of "action" they get whilst sporting a beard or moustache, without considering other factors, like the merits and attributes of the individual sporting that facial hair.

I speak from experience when I say that possession of a beard is not the thing which women find unattractive about males, but rather it is something about the person to whom the beard is attached which tends to send them scurrying for the hills!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I hate Movember! Always makes me rue the fact that I can't grow good facial hair; I just look like a creep!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join