It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Chemical Plant Blast Injures 7 Zhejiang, China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Seven workers were injured in an explosion at a chemical plant in Zhejiang Province, authorities said on Monday. The blast occurred at around 10:30 a.m. Monday at Zhejiang Hongxiang Chemical Co. Ltd, in Shangyu City, the local authorities said. Two of the injured are in a serious condition, they said. About 70 firefighters and 22 fire engines rushed to put out the blaze and prevented the flames from reaching a nearby warehouse containing 50 tonnes of inflammable chemicals, including sodium chlorate.

BREAKING Chemical Plant Blast Injures 7 Zhejiang, China

Another explosion China! I know I saw on here someone saying these sort of explosions are common place in China due to their health and safety laws. Someone else said they were going to keep tabs on explosions in China as there did seem to be a lot happening in such a short space. Two an accident but more could be more sinister. What do people think?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I think they need to improve safety standards, so that thier people don't keep suffering, fiery chemical deaths.
edit on 5-10-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
But how else would they cook there stir frys :0

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Crazy Chinese people and their none safety laws.

It is getting more and more common but jesus it seems to be all the time!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Is this down to a mistake, some kind of fault or has someone blown it up?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahlm

You would imagine that this is a result of unsafe working conditions and lack of governmental checks in the interest of large scale production, as opposed to protecting human life. That is of course, unless you think my great country is raining "rod from God" weaponry on China arbitrarlily.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

So many explosions in China at the minute...
Hopefully they will make their safety checks better! Shame it takes so many injuries before something has to change

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahlm

Yea you'd like to believe loss of life is not the motivator, that we could understand life's value without having to see its demise. However it's a motivation that the people must take, the government and corporations will continue on as they are distanced from the harsh reality of it. Sometimes humanity just makes me shake my head. What can you do?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It was a Dye based factory. Really high chance at it going up in flames if care is not taken. Seems like all the lax safety they have over there is now starting to bite them.

But not saying someone or ones couldn't have planted something to cause this plant to go up. Just saying it wouldn't have taken much to do it.

Plant Production

edit on 5-10-2015 by ObjectZero because: added link

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
if i worked in a chemical plant in china i'd be reconsidering my career path lately.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I posted a thread about how the insurance companies lost out on a multi billion dollar merger as a result of the last explosion (the main headline one) and they had to pay $179 million. Health and safety is a secondary concern when skull duggery is the main motivator.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think its full on terrorism happening in China, people may be being paid off to blow up chemical plants. . . . .

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Two an accident but more could be more sinister. What do people think?

Based on a conversation with a friend who travels to China frequently for business, Chinese factories are still blowing up at their regular rate. The only difference is that, since the rather epic explosion a few months ago, they are being reported more and we are paying more attention.

"Low level" accidents like this are just a fact of life there, apparently.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I've been to Chinese chemical plants, they scare me, and I don't scare easily (I've used Phosgene, Hydrogen FLuoride, Flourine, and made kilo quantities of azides (google is your friend)) .... they do not do grounding AND bonding when they should, which is playing Russian Roulette.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

Flames? Triazoles (and tetrazoles) can go boom if you look at them funny.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I think they need to improve safety standards, so that thier people don't keep suffering, fiery chemical deaths.

It's sad that I think safety reforms in factories that keep blowing up are the least of China's worries.

top topics

join