It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trough [Halloween 2015]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Ummm...hello again peeps...

I was on a hiatus...

Here's my submission...BTW...your emotions are ripe for the plucking...

Trough

I feel the septic hand of suspicion caress my throat.
A soft spread of blind virus...in a fitful, susurrant, inundation.
I am absorbed into it’s replicant embrace cell by pitiful cell.
What was first only a gnawing dismay is now a full dark furor,
a twisting unreason.
Ware this frenzied gaze, this hooded hunger,
fertile in it’s rapaciousness.

I know you touch me now and then.
I know.
Yet, what your purpose is I cannot tell.
Why make me dance and jerk on stolen strings?

Ah!

I think you feed upon my hapless life.
The involuntary firing of synapse.
The voice talking nonsense that fills my mind.
The sudden angers.
The desperate depravity.

This pathetic little distort strives mightily for the light.
Touches it for a brief time, as the hugely clutching rapier claws
of the dark drag him back into the blight.
The sound of grisly feeding, as the leech mentalities sup
on the twisted ones torment.

Yes!

I…this dread cattle shrilly shrieking.
“I am not a herd animal”.
The horrid succubi pace impatient in the shadows
turn taking.

Yes!

I the trough…where demons come to feed.

YouSir

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Glad you're back!
Uurgh that was dark, just perfect for Hallowe'en. Vampires aren't a thing of nightmares, they're with us everyday....in our thoughts. They can suck you dry if you let them.

Loved the imagery and the analogy - absolutely brilliant. Its darkness lit up this competition!

B x

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

My word, you have a gift, you know that right?

S&F from me for the awesomeness!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Ummm...cue up the Oogiddy Boogiddy...

I totally agree...there's certainly one aspect that manifests itself into my conscious mind...that really comes from way...way out in left field somewhere...I also hate the fact that it's voice sounds suspiciously like my own...

It's kind of like one of those..."things that make you go hmmm"...moments... I always question where the hell that thought came from...what possible influence or combination of thought matrices combined to cause that...?
Then I tell that aspect of my persona to...sit the hell down and shut the hell up......................Aaand...then I come here to ATS where all the magnetic thought interference patterning alien reptilian HAARP espers live...Aaand...realize...it's all good...

Just as I catch myself reaching into the cupboard for another layer of aluminum foil...cause tin is so...70's...doncha kno...

I missed you BeanSidhe...I hope all is well with you and yours my friend...Thank you...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Certainly captured that dark fear that causes the shivers in all of us. In a way fear is the vampire of life. Good job!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Double post.
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Ummm...hello Swanne...I suppose my only excuse is that I really love words...they're such a powerful tool...

That...and a brain that not only thinks outside the box...it refuses to even recognize there's a box to begin with...
Perhaps I spent too much time as a kid coloring...outside...of the lines as well...
I also purposely deconstruct the normative within the language...I think a healthy contempt for convention is probably a prerequisite as well...it seems to work for me at the very least...

TBH...the real value in what I surmise...is recognizing how intrinsic you and all other souls are to my own wellbeing...

Thank you for your kind words my friend...may wonderment never cease to elevate you and yours...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

So glad you're back, really liked this one

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

Ummm...hello GrayEagle...I'm glad I could capture that...now...if only I could keep it under lock and key and only let it out on those balmy height of summer nights...when the air is stifling and any breath of chill or shiver might seem like a welcome friend...

The macho in me stares unafraid into the eye of adversity...all while the little boy inside cowers under the covers...pleading with the flashlight to...please just stay lit...

Thank you for your kindness...be well my friend...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Ummm...It's good to be here in the company of such wonderful people...I promise not to hog the forum like last time...............wink wink...fingers and toes crossed...and...you know how hard it is to walk like that...?

So glad to be back here with you as well my friend...may overwhelming compassion find you in all moments Ashirah...
Be well...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Becoming a food source for a vampire sounds terrifying and the worst part is once they have you they can keep you alive as long as they want, even make you share in their curse.

Star and Flag

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Titen-Sxull

Ummm...Guuude Eve...eh...ning..........................Mua...ha...ha...haaaaaaaaaa...

Thank you Titen...be well my friend...

Yousir

join