It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic-Level Troll Hijacks HLN Segment on Edward Snowden to Defend Edward Scissorhands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A man known as @fart by his twitter handle appears to have pulled off one of the greatest trolls I have ever seen.

I am not a fan of trolling. I can't stand it when it occurs here at ATS, but this is different and will hopefully bring some humor to your day.

Trolling of HLN segment: Edward Snowden to Scissorhands

In this video, HLN anchor Yasmin Vossoughian dials up Jon Hendren, known by his Twitter handle @fart, for a segment on America’s best top fugitive Edward Snowden’s recent appearance on Twitter. Hendren is introduced as a Snowden supporter.

He plays it straight at first, when Vossoughian asks him why Snowden’s account is allowed while ISIS accounts have been shut down. “He’s been isolated for so long,” says Hendren. “We should listen to what he says.”

Then, after showing a John Oliver clip, Vossoughian goes on. “There is classified information out there that John Oliver was referring to,” she says, “that was released, that could have feasibly harmed people.”

“Well, you know, to say that he couldn’t harm somebody with what he did—he could, absolutely, he could,” says Hendren. “But to cast him out, to make him invalid in society simply because he has scissors for hands—I mean, that’s strange. People didn’t get scared until he started sculpting shrubs into dinosaur shapes and whatnot.”

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: iFloButta
How did that woman not catch what he was saying? Or is it that she did and ignored it?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Reporter took all the fun out of it, damn robots.

Would have been funnier if they had a reporter that was a little less wooden and able to think on their feet. That was a prime opportunity for a duet.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: iFloButta
How did that woman not catch what he was saying? Or is it that she did and ignored it?

She's a reporter, they just read a script. No matter what the "response" to the question is they just read the next line of their script.

That and I'm sure she just ignored it.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I doubt she even realized what he was saying at first lol, plus she just reads the script like you said.

top topics

join