It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to the Wall Street Journal on Its Bernie Sanders Hit Piece

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: amazing
Still much better than the older, weary voters who do the same thing over and over.

The older-not as wise as they think they are-voters gave us Ford, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr. Clinton, Bush Jr,

Not exactly a good record. We're done voting. We screwed up this country. Let the younger voters do what they will. Can't be any worse than those guys. And that's just the president. The congress is a whole other issue!

I won't be giving them my vote to defile and I won't be an accessory to their corruption -- there are no choices for anyone other than youthful starry-eyed, well-meaning voters who really don't have a clue. So it looks like their votes will be exploited once again by the Establishment.

And Congress is not a whole other issue. They will do the spending. Their dirty hands are all over the platforms of every candidate who is running.

But you seem to be saying that our votes don't matter. I think they still do, especially in the smaller elections and state and local elections.

But they do matter in the general election. I think that we do have a say in who wins the general election. The conspiracy is in who we get to vote for in those elections. usually we get bad choice like Bush/Clinton. Sanders/Trump...now that would be an interesting general election.

I'm an optimist by nature and I have a good life because of it. Pessimism is the same as defeatism. It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

But you seem to be saying that our votes don't matter. I think they still do, especially in the smaller elections and state and local elections.

Fair point. I agree. Voting is more effective at the state and local level.

But they do matter in the general election. I think that we do have a say in who wins the general election. The conspiracy is in who we get to vote for in those elections. usually we get bad choice like Bush/Clinton. Sanders/Trump...now that would be an interesting general election.

Ah, but perhaps that's where age makes the difference. From spending years researching the election reforms that took place after the 2000 and 2004 elections, it appears to me that the election systems in the major swing states of Florida and Ohio were seized under the guise of 'election reform.'

Once they can control the votes in those states, the rest can be easily manipulated from within the two parties. And that is exactly what I see going on with this election. I predict that Joe Biden will split the moderate vote throwing the election to the liberal democrats -- Bernie. And then Trump will split the conservative vote and throw the general election to democrats -- Bernie.

Bernie will be the nominee and he will emerge looking like an honest, grassroots underdog thanks, in large part, to Hillary's email scandal. He won't have to fight dirty. He won't have to spend huge money. He won't have to get media attention. The youth will eat it all up.

Or something along those lines.

Bernie is the Establishment's choice. I know that in my heart of hearts because the stars and planets do not align in U.S. politics for a nice, non-Establishment guy. But they have already aligned for Bernie. He's the one. I'd bet money on it.

And why wouldn't he be? Congress wants to invest...err...steal...err...spend the money on his policies.

I'm an optimist by nature and I have a good life because of it. Pessimism is the same as defeatism. It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

I used to be an optimistic voter, too. Then I was burned by my own party (democrats) and have opened my eyes. You can't close them once they've been opened.

I am willing to sit back and let young voters run with this election because there is no stopping the plan that's underway, now.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think it is funny how Bernie is considered untouchable by the liberal left. The Wall Street Journal simply spelled out the facts of what Bernie's ridiculous proposals will cost the American tax payers without all the normal media spin. Now people are salty because the truth is out. Too bad.

They're not nearly as costly as they seem. 14 trillion is already being spent on our current health care and his plan makes it 17 trillion with far greater benefits, and less inefficiency. Then to make up the 3 trillion different he proposed a tax that will bring in 6 trillion over the time these were rated for (10 years).

Which means that under Bernies system we get to remove Obamacare, have a better health system, spend the same money we were already spending on care, and get a tax that leaves us with a surplus.

Doesn't sound like a bad plan to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Ah, yes. Youthful voters.

My daughter is a millennial. She knows that power attracts sociopaths. She's frustrated that the sane minority look to her generation for hope when they're just as stymied by the current state of the planet. This pressure coupled with the internet's illumination of slavery the world has always been in might make them more insane than the previous generations. Granted, that's not saying much.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Then to make up the 3 trillion different he proposed a tax that will bring in 6 trillion over the time these were rated for (10 years).

Yes, please tax me rather than force me to pay $200 a month that I don't have to CORPORATIONS for coverage I won't even be able to use. Saying that AMA is a good start is like saying that America isn't so bad when you compare it to other countries.
edit on 18-9-2015 by gentledissident because: making my point

top topics

<< 1   >>

join