It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Twitter Account issue? Auto-post with incorrect titles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Has the Twitter account for ATS been changed to auto-post on all topics? Something is off with the titles on Twitter if so....they are all jumbled and WAY too many things on there to follow popping up. Not sure if auto-posting is a great idea until the tweaks are made to improve whatever auto-posting program is being used....just an observation.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'm not seeing an issue with the titles. Can you give a screen shot?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

I'm not seeing an issue with the titles. Can you give a screen shot?

It would seem they have corrected themselves in the last 20 minutes. Most of the titles on the headlines were jumbled before. Not sure if it was the program you are using for auto-post or if it was a glitch with twitter? Either way, seems it righted itself. I will get a pic if it happens again and post it here.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

What were you using to read Twitter? I've not seen that.

We're using our own custom code, through our own Oauth connection to Twitter. So there's really nothing to jumble.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

What were you using to read Twitter? I've not seen that.

We're using our own custom code, through our own Oauth connection to Twitter. So there's really nothing to jumble.

Chrome on my laptop. This was the only time I have seen it, but I believe you guys just implemented the auto-post recently from what I could tell. It had some of the titles jumbled.

I initially noticed it from this one:

When I first read it, it said something like "music video about to Obama be in a decapitated". It had all the words in it, just jumbled.

This was another one that was initially jumbled:

It said something like "For law ready martial"....again, all words were there, just jumbled. There were a few others as well, but those were the ones that stuck out in my head.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Twitter had some tech issues yesterday, there may still be some problems on their end.

So far, feeding new threads from a select few forums into Twitter has had a very positive response from our Twitter followers.
edit on 15-9-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

join