It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tacoma gun drop boxes could be first in the nation...how it begins....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Move the weight? Most definitely. Cracking it open? Not so much. It's designed to look and feel like a safe, but the lock is just a key. Pretty easy to drill out.

But yeah, kind of proves the point that anything can be moved. A few years ago there was a series of unique smash and grabs in the Detroit area. The thieves would figure out where a store kept the safe, knock the wall out with sledges, then use a truck with a winch and hoist to lift the safe into the back, and drive away. I was a manager at Best Buy at the time, and the safe was on an external wall, so we were on high alert for anything suspicious looking.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Who in the hell would be dumb enough to drop a gun in a drop-box that is definitely monitored (irrelevant if they say it is not, there is a camera on it) and you get no money?

Better to hold onto it until there is a buy back program in the area and get a gift card.

If the gun is "legal", take it to a pawn shop or gun store and get more money.
edit on 9-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Who in the hell would be dumb enough to drop a gun in a drop-box that is definitely monitored (irrelevant if they say it is not, there is a camera on it) and you get no money? Better to hold onto it until there is a buy back program in the area and get a gift card. If the gun is "legal", take it to a pawn shop or gun store and get more money

yep i can hear the street smart kids on the block now,

hell naw i ain't dropin my gun in no box, i'm gonna get paid for my gun.
who da hell they think they foolin, damn the police and them ________________(your choice of explicative descpriton, and or PC words here).

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Probably worth mentioning since I don't think anyone who has commented is from around here but…. Things are a little different in this part of the world.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

my city/county does guns for groceries a couple times a year.
no questions asked. turn your guns in and get gift cards for food.

they usually collect quite a bit.
then a week or so after a couple cops show up to the foundry and we throw them in the furnace.
im not pro or anti gun so it really does not matter to me personally but it is quite a site.

ive done it several times now.
it is usually 2 cops. we all have to go to the melt deck so they have to wear greens and temp metatarsal shields and a hard hat.
they can only go so far on the deck so they hand them off to us and watch us like hawks as we dump them in.

i assume the delay is for them taking the time to record serial numbers and check the history of the guns. i dont know for sure but thats my guess.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Some of those are pretty good. Take in a broken .22, get a $100 gift card to buy a brand new one!

Great deals!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

yeah.
my local grocery store sells pistols.
right next to the pop tarts.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I think you're joking, but some of the more rural places in the country do. Or you can trade in the gift card or cash it out to use someplace else.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I wish the cops bought guns in my area. I've got a BB gun my nephew has outgrown. I've got a soldering gun that doesn't get hot enough. I've got a staple gun that constantly jams. I have a cheap rivet gun I never use. My heat gun has a burned out element. And I have a water pistol that leaks. I wonder if I could get enough for that EMP gun I've always wanted.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join