It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Meteor Flies Across Bangkok Thailand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

A massive fireball, believed to be a meteorite, has fallen on Thailand. Awestruck commuters witnessed the spectacle, describing a green and orange glow, as it took a nosedive toward Earth.

The event took place during the morning rush hour at about 8:45am local time in Bangkok, although the meteor did not make an audible sound as it struck the ground.
The size of the fireball is judged to be quite substantial, as residents of the Sisawat district in Kanchanaburi province, some 200km from the capital, also described seeing the meteorite. They say they also heard a thunderous explosion, according to Thai PBS.

Some even reported hearing two explosions, so a team of rescue workers was dispatched to where the crash site was assumed to be.

RT News

It looks like quite a scare. The meteor appears to have exploded while entering the atmosphere. I'm sure it had to be decent size to be so bright during the daytime and to be seen 200km away.

Luckily, no one was injured.

There were a lot of different dash cam videos that caught footage of the meteor. I compiled some from youtube below.

Ghost

edit on 7-9-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Delete Please. I missed the current thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join