It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Certain Stars appear to stay still in the night time sky... time-lapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Been taking nighttime time-lapse videos with the gopro, and tonight after reviewing my video i just posted on youtube, some stars appear to stand still with the earth, as the other stars move through the sky... are they gps sats? just curious, cause i never noticed it before??

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You have to look a bit, but its mostly center screen and right corner after the clouds get out of view... wiped my screen cause i thought it was dust or something>> but its not.. its in the video.. kinda puzzled here

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Could be a few stationary satellites up there and I did see something that looked like dust on the lens.

Nothing major though. Strange that I did not see any of the satellites moving during that video. The ones for GPS move.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The one I saw in the video was flickering so obviously not dust. Very interesting capture. Be interesting to see what other more experienced users have to say about this. Great post!

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I will share a prophecy I read the other day about Nostradamus who spoke of the earth losing its natural motion for a time and then becoming stable and firm once the constalations were in motion again.sounds like a pole shift.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: steve95988

That's a sweet video man, well played

Gilmour's lawyers will be issuing a takedown notice as we speak : )

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If there are any planets out they do move at a different speeds compared to the background stars. They can be found taking a similar path as the sun as its moves through the sky.

When it comes to finding satellites I have found the first half hour after sun set or before sun rise as the best time to find them. I put this down to the satellite is still being in the direct path of the sun while we are not. There are a lot of them out there in different orbits. Low earth orbits move very fast compared to the stars while geostationary orbits will stay still and not move as the stars do.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
OP, I would suggest you look into hot pixels. You can test for them and map their location by doing a dark field exposure in a blacked out room. You can compensate for them with editing software as well.

kwakakev, I suggest you learn more about planet orbital dynamics/amateur astronomy before offering technical advice on the subject.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That was a pretty cool video man.

Thanks for sharing, I needed that.

As for the stationary objects, I've no idea.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I watched it two times without seeing anything standing still on the sky, it would be nice if someone could screenshot and mark the objects in questions?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: piney

Twaddle.

Inertia.

Thinking helps.

top topics

join