It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government worker indicted for trading food stamps for WHAT?!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Like police violence?
They're public servents, too.

Failure Giganticus

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

How 'bout all the crooked sheriff's deputies? How 'bout all the postal workers who steal mail?

This thing happens every day and we are typically none the wiser. Mention welfare, now that's shareable on social media to further an agenda.

All massive failures.

with big government !!

So what's your proposal to solve the inherent problems you see with big government?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How would they know to fire him till he gets caught? Do they need some pre cogs from minority report to stop the crime or it will be seen as a total failure?

Why can't the blame just be placed on the a hole who extorted these vulnerable people?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

So what's your proposal to solve the inherent problems you see with big government?

You have no solutions?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

How would they know to fire him till he gets caught? Do they need some pre cogs from minority report to stop the crime or it will be seen as a total failure?

Why can't the blame just be placed on the a hole who extorted these vulnerable people?

It's a symptom of a much larger problem. Owlbear already pointed that there are many more corrupt officials than this one when he was grousing about how the OP posted this one. Why single out this one?

Ok, let's talk about why 300,000 vets died waiting for VA care and no one ever got fired for that whole mess. Corruption there? Yep. Part of the government? Also yep.

How about all the teachers who take sexual advantage of their students? Government issue? Yep. Corruption? Yep. That's what we have rubber rooms for ... but of course, they still make full pay and benefits sitting in rubber rooms. At least we aren't letting them touch our kids. Corruption? Still yep.

How about the gigantic waste of money that was the GSA Vegas junket? Corrupt? Yep. Anyone disciplined? Nope.

See what I mean? Symptom of a much larger problem.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
And that doesn't happen in the private sector?
Is the idea that some how small gov is going to stop people from doing bad things?

Please.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You have no solutions?

I'm not the one making threads...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
How many more examples do we need to show that our government is corrupt

Let me fix this for you..

How many more examples do we need to show that some people are corrupt..

I like how me people seem to forget the fact that corruption and evil existed long before governments did..

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

How many more examples do we need to show that some people are corrupt.

Exactly.
People are gonna do corrupt things.
"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely".
We have heard it a million times.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: JHumm
How many more examples do we need to show that our government is corrupt

Let me fix this for you..

How many more examples do we need to show that some people are corrupt..

I like how me people seem to forget the fact that corruption and evil existed long before governments did..

If I could give you applause, I would.
This is the point.

SOME people with a little bit of power over others will tend to abuse that power. Government, private sector, it doesn't matter. There is no preventing it. There is no escaping it. Sometimes people act like turds.
In the immortal words of Stan Lee, " 'Nuff Said."

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Don't you worry your pointy little polarized head there xuenchen. Pretty soon Donald Trump and the GOP are gonna ride into town and fix all these social injustices and corruption like they have in the past. They'll put all these corrupt big-government evil-doers in privatized prisons where they can contribute to the economy like good little pee-ons.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Nice try at spinning!
Clearly Obama is personally responsible for this!

/sarc

And for good measure...

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So will any of the women that shouldn't have qualified be arrested for bribery or prostitution?
My guess is no...ha

That's a good point. It takes 2 to tango. I guess it depends on the scenario:

1. Poor woman struggling to take care of her kids applies for food stamps. D-bag makes it clear to her that he will only approve her application if she does -insert sex act here-.
This would be coercion and it would be him abusing his authority, official oppression, what have you. Possibly even some kind of sex assault since it was achieved by coercion.

2. Woman who's getting along all right financially, but would sure like her food costs covered by the gov't approaches D-bag...."Hey baby, can't we work something out?" D-bag takes the poon and approves an application that otherwise wouldn't have been approved.
Hmmm...still improper use of his office, but this one reads more like prostitution.

As in most news story, reality is completely dependent on the facts and context.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS!!! THIS JUST IN!!!....

Sometimes people act like turds.

Bwah hahahaha! You made me Lol with that one! This factoid pretty much explains every media story ever!

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I bet he's a "Family values" Republican.

Every single level of Government in the USA is absolutely rotten and corrupt to its very core.

If I tried to pay off my boss to get a favorable opinion of me in any workplace, I'd be fired for bribery.

But somehow, it's okay for laughingly called "Lobbyists" to donate money to campaigns to get Senators and Congressmen to support their causes. This is called "lobbying" in the USA. In almost any other country, it's called bribery. In many countries, this sort of activity is a death penalty offense.

In the USA, lobbying agents are allowed to have official offices INSIDE CAPITOL HILL.

The amount of money in politics and the amount of abuse of SUPER PAC organizations has now reached such a high level of activity that even the FEC say that they've just given up trying to investigate any of it.

Something has to be done to remove all Lobbyists from all levels of Government. Republicans whine about the entitlement factor of people on welfare, but the entitlement of US politicians goes way beyond what anyone on welfare expects.

In the USA, it's well known that you can do anything you want if you have money. You can pay off a friendly sheriff, judge, alderman, mayor, congressman, senator, Cabinet member or even President to get something done.

It's all down to how much cash you have, and you can make anything happen, at any level of Government.

USA - the best democracy money can buy.

And hardly any of the voting public seems to care.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join