It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 4 Rules of Violence, Evil, and Respect for Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
1. Violence is a tool used by good people and evil people. When using violence be sure you don't cross the line that so thinly divides good from evil.

2. Life is precious and short. Respect it for the miracle it is and protect it for the treasures it bears.

3. Evil really does exist. Moral ambiguity in society has seeded the belief that evil is relative only in the opinions of observers. This is not true. Your sense of morality, whether religious or secular, must be based on the respect for the life and rights of others as much as your own.

4. Knowing that evil exists means that you must also take responsibility for preparing to confront it.
edit on pWed, 26 Aug 2015 12:51:03 -0500201526America/Chicago2015-08-26T12:51:03-05:0031vx8 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I cannot see how to refute the arguments for the subjectivity of ethical values, but I find myself incapable of believing that all that is wrong with wanton cruelty is that I don't like it. - Bertrand Russell

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

One person's freedoms end where the next person's rights begin.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

"Men cannot be made good by the state, but they can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty."

-Lord Acton

top topics

join