It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars Wars spaceship on Mars? NASA probe spots mysterious object like 'Star Destroyer'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Stars Wars spaceship on Mars? NASA probe spots mysterious object like 'Star Destroyer' on Red Planet

This is a curious little picture. When I saw it, I was thinking of a thread from a while back that talked about a 'Star Destroyer' orbiting Mars, the moon, or some other planetary object. I will need to try to find that thread and compare....However, my vote is that it is a foreign satellite or similar object meant to study the planet.

What do you think?

edit on 25-8-2015 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
They could always send my man Han Solo to check it out, but from what i heard he might not be doing to well at this point, there's always Luke...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and take a wild stab at this.

It's swamp gas.

There I said it.

We can use the above chart to help.

Second guess if it's not swamp gas.

Rock.

I know. It's predictable. But I feel passionately about my choices.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

This has already been posted, Hoaxed ( I believe ) then removed. And the mirror.uk is the same link of which it was found and posted...

I think a simple search with key words as what you have placed in your title would have done the work for you. And IF IT HAS BEEN REMOVED ( WHICH IT HAS)(it was original posted in the Skunk Works Threads), Do Not be surprised if this will be Removed as well.

Not trying to be rude, when it's rude.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

edit on th29Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:29:47 -0500K201584731pm8 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

edit on th30Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:30:42 -0500K201584231pm8 by SirKonstantin because: Advice Given

edit on th35Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:35:36 -0500K201583631pm8 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

edit on th36Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:36:33 -0500K201583331pm8 by SirKonstantin because: Doing us all a favor and helping the Mods.

edit on th37Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:37:03 -0500K201580331pm8 by SirKonstantin because: It was Removed by the Mods for a Good Reason.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

That's a rock. What really gets me is why nobody is talking about how the pattern on the ground dominating the picture is obviously Martian fan art of the Planet Express ship from Futurama.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Priceless....lol

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Maybe it has, I don't know. I did a quick search and didn't see it. The article is from today though... I posted it because it triggered the memory of another thread which I haven't had time to look up. I thought the two might be related. I'm not calling it alien... Honestly, I think it is manmade and from Earth. Probably an observation satellite.

I just thought it was interesting.

I can see where it might be Photoshopped... Is that what you are saying it is, definitively?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Okay no more jokes, sorry,,,,lol, First off do you have any more on this or any other photo's of this, it could be a illusion in terms of just the way the photo was taken like the alien face on mars, my guess, do you have any other things on this???
edit on 25-8-2015 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Place holder for later. Seems there have been numerous threads about star ships orbiting, but the one(s) that stands out the most are those that I remember about something orbiting the out rings of Saturn.....

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I do wish that NASA would put on some size references on their photos. All these images from Mars have no frame of size reference on them. It might be a ground breaking photo but if the artifacts perporting to be spaceships or bodies were found out to be only a few inches long these explaination would immediately fail.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's a rock. It's always a rock.

How many of these "Mars rover spots a rock that looks like xxxx" threads can we possibly have?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I do wish that NASA would put on some size references on their photos. All these images from Mars have no frame of size reference on them. It might be a ground breaking photo but if the artifacts perporting to be spaceships or bodies were found out to be only a few inches long these explaination would immediately fail.

There is a website that shows these images along with the pointing data from the camera (i.e. the angle with regards to the horizon), and which you can compare with the HiRISE images from the MRO orbiter. I'll leave the detail up to you.

Long story short, these are relatively small objects you're looking at , typically a few meters across. Nothing like a proper-scale Death Star.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It's clearly a cardassian heavy cruiser. I was expecting a teaser from star wars and instead I get aliens who are afraid of being sued by George Lucas so they play mix and match with names and ship designs.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Sorta looks like the so-called "Dark Knight" thing orbiting or was orbiting Earth.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We've got a thread specifically for Mars anomalies.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015)

Please direct future related topics or comments that way.

TIA

new topics

top topics

join