It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got New Voter Reg Card in the Mail- Something is Wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have been a registered Democrat FOREVER. My first vote was for Jesse Jackson in a Primary in 1988. In NY, you have to be registered in a party to vote in primaries. I voted in many primary elections. I voted for Obama twice in primaries, I worked on his campaign on the phones. I have video of me from local news channel 4 on said phones. I ALWAYS vote in primary elections.

My new Voter Registration card came in the mail about a half hour ago. Under "ENROLLMENT" it says "BLANK". That means you are not affiliated with a party and can't vote in primaries.

I called the County Board of Elections. The woman who answered stated, "well, it looks like you first registered in 1996". I said, that is not possible. She says "I think that is when we went computerized." and she offered the Supervisor. I got transferred. He states that I have NEVER voted in a primary election and that 3 times I chose to 'not register for a party'. That is insane.

In the end, I was told, he would mail me a new form. I will not be able to vote in local primaries this year, but will be able to vote in the Presidential Primary in 2016. Gee, thanks a lot.

It is my housemate who caught it. He got the mail. He had filled in something several months ago to change from Republican to Democrat as he was a 'Rand Fan' but now wants to vote for Sanders. The change had not gone through on his. His said "REPUB" though he had met the deadline. He saw 'BLANK' on mine and he knew that was wrong.

The only examples I have seen, now, with my own eyes, of possible fraud or incompetence seem to be people that have ALWAYS Been Democrats or those that want to change.

[picture removed]

edit on Tue Aug 25 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: privacy concerns

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm going to go with a huge vote for their incompetence.

If the date and everything is screwed up, then the probability of it being 'fraud' are little to none.

Keep in mind, mine has also changed when they 'updated their records'. I won't bring party into it, but let's just say I had no affiliated party, same as you.

Just breathe deeply, shoot them the french salute and move on. Now, once it's corrected, if it happens again, call me - we're going down to 'straighten things out'.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
you need to go down to this local election office in person. get as much info as you can regarding your past voting record. file a written complaint with your state elections office, make copies of all sent information stating your case and voting evidence. send them certified mail, and check back in a week or so with a follow up phone call......the reason I say all this is it might be happening to a lot of other people that are too apathetic to follow through.....local elections can get nasty, especially when you have "motivated" people. don't take anything for granted

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
I'm going to say they have no clue what the heck they're doing anymore. They being the government. Once again you are seeing your tax dollars at work.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry
I'm going to go with a huge vote for their incompetence.

If the date and everything is screwed up, then the probability of it being 'fraud' are little to none.

Keep in mind, mine has also changed when they 'updated their records'. I won't bring party into it, but let's just say I had no affiliated party, same as you.

Just breathe deeply, shoot them the french salute and move on. Now, once it's corrected, if it happens again, call me - we're going down to 'straighten things out'.

It might be just incompetence.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
you need to go down to this local election office in person. get as much info as you can regarding your past voting record. file a written complaint with your state elections office, make copies of all sent information stating your case and voting evidence. send them certified mail, and check back in a week or so with a follow up phone call......the reason I say all this is it might be happening to a lot of other people that are too apathetic to follow through.....local elections can get nasty, especially when you have "motivated" people. don't take anything for granted

I am falling more on the side that I should do as you advise. ty

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

good relda....you might be only one of a few, if any, that takes it that far....and look at it this way, you might alert those higher-ups to dig a little deeper into the actions regarding other voting districts...plus the added value that it should make you feel pretty dam good about participating. and let's say it is just a "goof up", those people will know that voters like you take this seriously.....go get em'...........and then go pour yourself a nice glass of wine

edit on 24-8-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If you still have your old registration card, that should settle the matter.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If you still have your old registration card, that should settle the matter.

I will look for it.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

good relda....you might be only one of a few, if any, that takes it that far....and look at it this way, you might alert those higher-ups to dig a little deeper into the actions regarding other voting districts...plus the added value that it should make you feel pretty dam good about participating. and let's say it is just a "goof up", those people will know that voters like you take this seriously.....go get em'...........and then go pour yourself a nice glass of wine

I am going there. Lol I have vodka&7 or this new drink I found 'RumChata". It tastes like a white russian but so much better. I will have one of those.

edit on 24-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Going out on a limb and guess you you also want to vote Sanders. So this is ats put on the hat. By going through previous records they have run you through a program to determine the probability you would vote for someone other than Clinton. Yours came back high, you were changed to no party to help the Clinton machine.

Or it's just incompetent workers sucking tax dollars unable to properly do a job they were hired to do. In that case take some other people's suggestions and make an issue of it

Conspiracy/incompetent workers? I'm going with conspiracy because it sounds cooler.
edit on 24-8-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I am going there. Lol I have vodka&7 or this new drink I found 'RumChata". It tastes like a white russian but so much better. I will have one of those.

good luck, and let us know here the responses you get...vodka and 7...wow...hugging a close "friend" or hugging a toilet, dependent on dosage, of course.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Going out on a limb and guess you you also want to vote Sanders. So this is ats put on the hat. By going through previous records they have run you through a program to determine the probability you would vote for someone other than Clinton. Yours came back high, you were changed to no party to help the Clinton machine.

Or it's just incompetent workers sucking tax dollars unable to properly do a job they were hired to do. In that case take some other people's suggestions and make an issue of it

Conspiracy/incompetent workers? I'm going with conspiracy because it sounds cooler.

With the hat on, that sounds right. If it was 4 or more years ago, I may have went went with Hillary, if she was the 'chosen one'. But, based on everything I type online, if anyone were to look at that, they would know that my answer to Hillary is definitively no. That I even had misgivings before that.

I voted for her for Senator. I thought the pull she had would help my state. I never saw it going farther.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

good luck, and let us know here the responses you get...vodka and 7...wow...hugging a close "friend" or hugging a toilet, dependent on dosage, of course.

lol. Vodka gives me a headache after a couple. I will put a half shot in. I will be fine. Though hugging a 'friend' doesn;t sound like a bad thing lol.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Just tell them you are Mexican with no green card fresh from a border crossing, they will hook you up to vote as many times as you want to.

top topics

join