It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Spies Caught Stealing Our Corn Secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
New Repub isn't usually my kind of info source but I love this one

www.newrepublic.com...

"Border patrol officers were waiting when Wang pulled up to the Highgate Springs port of entry along the U.S.-Canadian border. He was selected out for a search, which turned up 44 bags of corn seeds under his seat and in his suitcases, as well as a notebook filled with GPS coordinates and a digital camera containing hundreds of pictures of cornfields. Questioned by agents, Wang would say only that he had purchased the seeds from a man named Mo Hailong, the director of international business at the Beijing Dabeinong Technology Group (DBN Group), the parent company of Kings Nower Seed."

Apparently the US is infested with Chinese spies, not just the military/state types, but industrial/technological. One wouldn't think stealing Corn secrets would be much of a deal, but it takes companies year$ to develop productive strains, and Beijing is tired of being dependent on the US for corn (and everything else). article points out how China's middle class wants better food, and corn is needed to feed the pork/chicken.
my only question is whether the spies work for the Chinese gummint, or some private company. not that there's much difference over there.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If mankind didn't see fit to patent food for greed, it wouldn't even be happening.

When the world is driven by greed, this can be expected.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If it's Monsanto corn, then they can have it....in fact have all of it!

I sometimes wonder...do the Chinese have any creativity and innovative spirit whatsoever? It seems like all they do is go around stealing other people's technology rather than buy it legally. Honestly, The US should ban all products made in whole or part in China.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
It seems like all they do is go around stealing other people's technology rather than buy it legally. Honestly, The US should ban all products made in whole or part in China.

If you think that China is the world leader in industrial espionage...I have a tropical island in northern Alberta to sell you.
2nd.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

If they want to take GMO to their fields, go ahead. They'll pay for it later.

Jude

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
If it's Monsanto corn, then they can have it....in fact have all of it!

I sometimes wonder...do the Chinese have any creativity and innovative spirit whatsoever? It seems like all they do is go around stealing other people's technology rather than buy it legally. Honestly, The US should ban all products made in whole or part in China.

The CHINESE are like the FERENGI in Star trek. Im sure they have rules of acquisition too.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Corn theft is nothing new.
As children we were warned it would happen with info like This

Looks like our vigilance has served us well.

edit on 21-8-2015 by RavenSpeaks because: link

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Someone should make a comic book and the evil scientists would be Dr. Monsanto, fattening the world with corn and soon enslave all of us because we will all be overweight and unable to fight back.

Yes, send the main driving force behind obesity to China, soon the entire world will be obese with corn sugars!
edit on 21-8-2015 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

But 'Murricah invented corniness!

Next thing someone will be proclaiming that those who choose to be born elsewhere have a right to eat!

Them damn foreign people and their corn seed stealing ways!

top topics

join