It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative Media and the Law of Attraction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
By "alternative media" I'm talking about radio networks such as Genesis Communication Network and RenseRadio Network, websites like rense.com, prisonplanet.com, drudge.com, and whatreallyhappened.com, bloggers, youtubers, researchers, and other similar organizations and individuals that report the news in an "alternative" fashion. By "alternative" I mean significantly different from the MSM.

In my opinion, the law of attraction comes into play when you realize that the vast majority of the time (in my experience) the alternative media is focusing on the same stories and the same issues in completely the same paradigm that the MSM does. What you get in the alternative media is a different spin on things. I've found that sometimes it's a more realistic view than the MSM, sometimes it isn't. It usually is more conspiratorial-minded and better researched, but what does that matter if it changes nothing in the real world?

For the purpose of illustration, let's say that the "reality" that's portrayed to us in politics and through the media (both MSM and alternative) is often no more realistic than a stage play. I think there is good evidence that that's actually the case:

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

In terms of the law of attraction, if the alternative media and the MSM are both focusing everyone on the same stage play then that guarantees that the same stage play will continue (probably unabated). In the case of a stage play, does the audience's opinion matter when it comes to whether the play continues or not? If the audience started throwing tomatoes at the stage and it continued to the point where the actors couldn't perform the play, that would probably stop the play. If the audience all suddenly walked out of the theater where the play was being performed then that would probably stop the play.

Getting back to the real world, people having an understanding that the proverbial play they're seeing is just a play and that it's not for their benefit COULD help in terms of the law of attraction IF the majority of people did something to stop the play. But, that's not how the real world works. In the real world, when it comes to stopping the play most people either don't care enough to act, are too afraid to act, are profiting too much to act, are in denial, or are too weak to act. Sure, there may be 5% that do various things to save themselves and possibly others. But, those few go off in different directions and generally either are loners or only work in small groups. So, their actions mean little in the big picture in terms of changing the system.

What we're left with is a situation that could hardly be better for the leaders of society. I believe it boils down to basically this (quoting from The Matrix Reloaded, video clip below):

The Architect: Please. As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99.9% of all test subjects accepted the program, as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level.
www.scottmanning.com...

I think that's true, the vast vast majority accept "the program" as long as they're given a choice. For some, choosing alternative media over the MSM may be enough of a choice to placate them and keep them going in the system. For some, the choice may involve a total lifestyle change such as moving out of the country or attempting methods of leaving the system entirely. But, as long as "99.9%" (it's probably much more than that) of people stay in the system, the system gets what it wants. It gets contented slaves (or batteries metaphorically speaking) that are choosing to stay in the system out of their own volition. Meanwhile, the law of attraction is used for the benefit of the system.

Note: I believe the following video is only useful if taken as abstract symbolism that has been severely dramatized to be melodramatic. But, I think there's a core of truth to it.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-8-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

new topics

join