It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are the only living things that can make a change on this planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I was born as an innocent child, unaware of what humanity has caused on this planet. I never understood that we were the only cause of this devastation. Only for the only reason that we could not understand that we were not more than the butterfly flying away from the wagtail. We place our fate in the hands of people who really do not care, except to leave a monument for themselves, his greatness as they call it, or the destruction, humiliation, slavery, as I see it. We kill the oceans, the forests, all that has taken millions of years for this planet to develop in the course of a century.
We hunt for pleasure, we kill for the pleasure and we fight for ideals.

One person can make a difference, not for yourself but for others.

A wise gypsy made this speech a long time ago.

Let the Golden age of man be but a memory in history

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: yulka

I think the most effective way to make a difference at this point in the game is to:

• Educate our younger/up and coming generations
  • Be conscious of our lifestyle choices, and when possible pick the least harmful product (biodegradable vs. non-biodegradable, recyclable versus throwaway, etc.)
  • Lead by example

The fact that you are aware and you do care a great deal says a lot. There are many who care, who are capable, and who are willing to make a difference. There is still hope. Keep spreading awareness and doing your thing - it has a greater impact than you might believe.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
If anyone cares more than enough, it only takes an individual effort to get the momentum of a change they prefer going... Have you ever wondered why people like mother Theresa and Princess Diana, and more recently the Batmen, make a ripple through peoples hearts?

It's simple, like many many others like Gandhi have said, quite simply "create that reality you prefer" through your actions and those who are in need of your services will benefit, and many more will follow your example.

If your like me and find happiness in putting a smile on someones face when the opportunity presents itself, than that matters the most for me.

Smile for a better world!

Peace

new topics

join