It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidney Stones vs Gall Stones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I know someone who was told she had to have her gall bladder removed but she drank a concoction of lemon and something else and her gall bladder problems went away. Now she runs the treatment about once a year for maintenance purposes for a couple of days. It has been three years now and everything is working fine.

I might have to investigate this - I have gall stones.

I first experienced the pain when I was about 21... I had NO idea what was going on, just that I was in so. much. pain. I took some painkillers, started pacing back and forth, had a hot shower, could barely get dressed again, felt nauseous so hobbled to the toilet, nothing happened, by this time I could barely stand and I somehow managed to get to the bedroom and into the fetal position and cry myself to sleep.

This happened at least once a month for an entire year. It always got to the stage where I would be about to beg someone to call an ambulance or something, and then, nothing. It would just go away.

Then it stopped all of a sudden. I went for years with no pain and I just thought that maybe it was weight related since I was pretty overweight back then. But, recently it happened again, scared the hell out of me because now I'm a parent, I live in a town where I know nobody, I disowned my family, it's just me and my partner and 2yr old. So FINALLY went to the hospital about it, had some ultrasounds done, and apparently I have SO many gall stones that they want to remove my gall bladder.

This was about 10 months ago and I still haven't acted on the doctor's advice. Woopsies. But that concoction could be my saving grace! Haha. Sure, it might not work for me, but I'd rather give it a try then have the surgery done. Surgery is definitely a last last last resort.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

She said it was lemon juice and olive oil I think. There were many references to it on the net when I researched it and they all said it helped. I suppose it does not work sometimes though, lack of evidence of not working does not mean that it works all the time.

My wife had her gall bladder removed. We had good insurance back then. If you take out the gall bladder, it just dumps the stuff constantly in the intestines so your diet has to be changed to match that. My wife doesn't have a problem with that anymore, at first it was a little hard to change, but now it is just everyday eating habits.

If you don't have insurance, I bet the surgery is expensive. If I ever get gall bladder problems I will search for this and try it before having the gall bladder removed, even though I have decent insurance yet. When I compared the lemon juice chemistry with oil to the pharmacuticals used for gall bladder stones, I noticed that they are not that much different. Both techniques basically do the same thing. If the gall bladder is gone too far, it might still need surgery.

<< 1   >>

join