It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Places Mines in South Korea DMZ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This bid for attention may get them more than potatoes.

source

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Blumming heck...

Can the SK soldiers not use Hovercraft like in the James Bond movies? (Black Humour)

Landmines and those that lay them are bastards...

Let us hope that this is yet again another propaganda story?

Kindest respects

Nibbles

a reply to: reldra

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

This is wrong, and it is sad. They blew to men's legs off for nothing more than provocation and political posturing. I was a soldier, my stances on things have become increasingly liberal sometimes however I have no choice but to view from military strategy.

At this point it's safe to assume that further provocations and escalation will occur no matter how much we and the SK's play down and search for resolution the other side is not interested and is actively pursuing icbms to make their position on this appeasement table even stronger.

Strategically we should hit them now without warning taking out their artillery and key military installations, also hit their electrical grid and bring in helicopters to take out their mechanized units and march to China and unify and free the Korean people. The longer we wait the more lives will be lost
edit on 10-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Seoul, South Korea (CNN)The South Korean military has warned North Korea of a "harsh" response to landmine blasts that seriously wounded two South Korean soldiers last week in the demilitarized zone. "North Korea will pay a harsh price proportionate to the provocation that North Korea made," Maj. Gen. Koo Hong-mo, director of operations of the South's Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Monday.

OP should at least include something.

NK doesn't follow rules?

To NK there isn't any actual DMZ.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

This is wrong, and it is sad. They blew to men's legs off for nothing more than provocation and political posturing. I was a soldier, my stances on things have become increasingly liberal sometimes however I have no choice but to view from military strategy.

At this point it's safe to assume that further provocations and escalation will occur no matter how much we and the SK's play down and search for resolution the other side is not interested and is actively pursuing icbms to make their position on this appeasement table even stronger.

Strategically we should hit them now without warning taking out their artillery and key military installations, also hit their electrical grid and bring in helicopters to take out their mechanized units and march to China and unify and free the Korean people. The longer we wait the more lives will be lost

Ex miltary myself mate with quite a few years of combat experience but I do not want to blag about it...

What gets me is why you want to use a violent method when common sense is normally available on the lower shelves?

What have North Korea done to the rest of the world (OR the USA if you like compared to what twisted and corrupted politians in other countries?... (apparently to brainwash the mass population???)... Just my opinion...

Thanks the Main Stream media (ESPECIALLY Gvt controlled TWATS such as FOX, CNN, BBC1, F etc etc etc...)

For hecks sake mate... Take a look at what one of your ex presidents was forced to do with Colin Powell at the steering wheel and his REAL tube of ANTHRAX?...

How many good soldiers... HUMAN LIVES... and maybe your mates... sacrificed their lives for lies because of these power crazy bastards who could not give a flies bollocks if you live or not in order to fill their wallets and become even more powerfull???

From an ex soldier with quite a few (MANY) years experince.

*snip*
edit on Mon Aug 10 2015 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nibbles

Hey brother, yes have lost many friends 07 was a tough year. Outside of this, I see North Korea as a provocateur and primarily a noble cause to destroy. You have written a lengthy response and I understand your position. I disagree when it comes to North Korea I truly believe in the event of campaign we would be freeing an enslaved populace and further if we don't do anything eventually they will strike and they show this by there provocations throughout the years. Take it easy brother

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

also hit their electrical grid

I agree with your post and starred it but this made me laugh! What do you recon, one maybe two SDBs should do the trick?

I would like to see that regime wiped out and a re-unification but it costs a lot. German Taxes for re-unification to bring East Germany to the standard of West made a few Germans quite angry, I wonder if the world could give aid to re-unification after the was is over.

Dont really know the relationship between China and the US to allow something like this or the political will by the US, plus unsure of the legal technicalities, but if the war isnt over, then the South Korea, the US and allies perhaps dont need UN resolution?

Hopefully MrSpad will read this and give his opinion, I hate to think there are millions of people in labour camps apparently and I wouldnt mind seeing them Kim-Jongs fed to the pigs.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I'm actually in South Korea right now, and when this tour is done I will have completed 4 years in this country between 2005 and 2016. We haven't been briefed about any of this, and I'm guessing it is being treated as not such a big deal. North Korea always does things for attention, including test firing missiles and attacking islands. So, from over here nothing is different, everything is fine. As for the comment about striking first and all that nonsense, I'm here to tell you that wont work. The north has artillery pieces aimed at designated points in the south, including our bases, motorpools, airports, you name it. We like to pretend that we are the only ones with any kind of intelligence system. Anyone in the world(including DPRK) can go onto google earth, or anything similar, and see satellite images. There are also spies down here and who knows what else. The U.S. Soldiers here on the DMZ know, and feel like, we are nothing but a speed bump when/if the north decides to get crazy.

I guess my point is a strike first mentality will be useless, and this recent situation with the North is not that big of a deal over here, yet.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Hey brother, yes have lost many friends 07 was a tough year. Outside of this, I see North Korea as a provocateur and primarily a noble cause to destroy. You have written a lengthy response and I understand your position. I disagree when it comes to North Korea I truly believe in the event of campaign we would be freeing an enslaved populace and further if we don't do anything eventually they will strike and they show this by there provocations throughout the years. Take it easy brother

To be quite honest Tech mate...

Taking into consideration the years and years and years of crap that people having been shoving down peoples throats concerning North Korea and the fact up until now North Korea has not ONCE attacked another country... I personallly have nothing to worry about...

I do not think they WANT to attack the USA either... JUST MSM shoving #e down peoples throats...?

Certain countries are too busy with invading for oil and diamonds mate....

Just another long going story to fill the sheeples minds with YET another evil James Bond type dictator / villain who has never attacked our interests?

*snip*

edit on 10-8-2015 by Nibbles because: Crap spelling

edit on Mon Aug 10 2015 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Welcome back Rodinus! I couldn't agree more and the recent movie that came out with Seth Green (title escapes me). You know because of the stupid hype I refused to watch it than I happened to watch it one day on NetFlix. You know, at least what I took from it, wasn't that NK is some stupid backwards country oppressing it's people, it seemed to me the movie was highlighting and making fun of the ridiculous propaganda that exists vis a vis NK. Sometimes you have to read between the lines, however, for those completely unawares, it probably was pure unadulterated propaganda.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nibbles

Taking into consideration the years and years and years of crap that people having been shoving down peoples throats concerning North Korea and the fact up until now North Korea has not ONCE attacked another country... I personallly have nothing to worry about...

I do not think they WANT to attack the USA either... JUST MSM shoving #e down peoples throats...?

Just another long going story to fill the sheeples minds with YET another evil James Bond type dictator / villain who has never attacked our interests?

Kindest respects

Rodinus / Nibbles

Actually, yes, they have attacked another country.

YEONPYEONG ISLAND, South Korea — North Korea’s fatal artillery attack on this border island more than two years ago uprooted old wooden houses from their foundations. One shell punctured the concrete side of a soccer stadium. Another struck a rooftop oil tank. Residents rushed to underground bunkers, and when they emerged hours later, much of their island was aflame.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2wheelvet

originally posted by: Nibbles

Kindest respects

Rodinus / Nibbles

Actually, yes, they have attacked another country.

YEONPYEONG ISLAND, South Korea — North Korea’s fatal artillery attack on this border island more than two years ago uprooted old wooden houses from their foundations. One shell punctured the concrete side of a soccer stadium. Another struck a rooftop oil tank. Residents rushed to underground bunkers, and when they emerged hours later, much of their island was aflame.

Yes you are right and I agree...

You know what I mean...???

The evil fat dictator with the bad haircut and his equally evil people with their evil slinty eyes and evil nasty yellow skin have killed hundreds and thousands of millions of people over the years and have have course had something to do with the endangerment of world peace compared to the rest of the countries that have been invaded over the past 40 years by our so called civilised Western countries???

OK... he might be a nasty according to what we ONLY hear from what MSM wish to say to the general public and what they have also been told to say... but come on...?

Kindest respects

Nibbles

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Absolutely, I believe North Korea has been given more than enough latitude and that their time is up.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ok so now SK gets two frebbies? Get two SK snipers,and pick off two NK soldiers legs. there scales balanced.

new topics

top topics

join